OK, Sony may have missed the mark on pricing when it first announced the Xperia Tablet S. At $400 for the 16GB version, it priced the device way out of the market, especially when the Nexus 10 is brought into consideration. Sure, the prices may be the same, but not only does the N10 pack a much higher resolution display, but it also has all the benefits of being a Nexus.
Sony announced the Xperia Tablet S - its new flagship tablet - earlier today, and it's already available for pre-order from Amazon.
This is Sony's successor to last year's Tablet S, and packs a nice upgrade in the spec department:
- Slim new aluminum body and splash-proof design
- 9.4” HD display with OptiContrast Panel with low-friction coating
- NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor and Android 4.0.3 operating system
- 1GB RAM
- Android version 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Various experiences with original applications and Sony’s network services
According to Sony, the device is expected to ship in early September, so getting your order in now guarantees that you'll have it as soon it's released.