Even though it's only the third largest network in the United States, Sprint has a habit of cranking out some pretty nice Android devices. With the legacy of the EVO and Epic to live up to, the rumored HTC Knight is going to have to be something pretty special to be considered a true flagship. But will it really be the flagship we're all hoping for? Boy Genius Report got a tip today which adds further confusion to the matter. Read More
As if Samsung's Epic 4G and HTC's EVO 4G weren't enough to keep Sprint's customers happy, an anonymous tipster just let XDA-developers in on another device that might be headed to the nation's third-largest carrier: the HTC Knight. He didn't exactly provide a heap of information about it, but he did give XDA the following excerpt from an XML file, presumably part of an instruction manual:
3. Make sure to activate your device before you operate the handset by setting up the Google account on the device.
BoyGeniusReport just got a nice clear photo of the HTC Merge, a device we may or may not have seen pass through the FCC with a red keyboard, better known as the dual-mode QWERTY slider for Verizon. The phone appears to be running Sense, and is now rocking a rather svelte brushed-metal style keyboard - one with a markedly different layout to the G2.
There's also the whole Bing thing. Read More
Earlier today, Engadget broke an exclusive regarding Sony-Ericsson’s work on an Android gaming handset that is currently “in the late stages of planning.” There have been rumblings of a PlayStation phone for quite some time, and it seems like this device may be Sony finally delivering on those long-standing rumors.
According to Engadget, the device will feature:
- 3.7-4.1” WVGA screen
- 5MP camera (may not be final)
- Slider-phone design, but instead of a QWERTY keyboard, a gamepad
- Gamepad will have:
- Touchpad for directional controls instead of joysticks
- A standard D-pad,
- Standard PSP buttons
- Shoulder buttons
- “Likely” to have a 1GHz Snapdragon Processor
- Mostly black chassis, some silver highlights (looks like a Captivate crossed with a PSP Go)
- Will run Android OS “Gingerbread”
- Phone-specific software skin
- Will have access to a new and exclusive Android Market Games section
- Game titles will include some PSX oldies, as well as newer PSP games
Mockup Created By Engadget
Engadget has speculated the device and the new Android Market Game “ecosystem” could be available as early as October. Read More
Well it is about time for another Android phone leak, it has been almost a week or so since the last one.
This time we have a new HTC phone with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, the standard navigation buttons and also an optical trackpad. Everything looks pretty standard about this phone aesthetically speaking. As for the hardware hidden inside, not a lot is known about it yet.
Model name PC70110, HTC’s new phone has a 4 row QWERTY keyboard which, if you are coming from something like the G1 which has a sexy 5 row keyboard, is a bit of a bummer. Read More