Back when the Google Glass Explorer program was starting up, there was a bit of a to do about the fact that users of the beta hardware were not permitted to sell their Glass units. After some consumer uproar, Google amended their position to allow lending Glass to others on a limited basis. They still preferred people not sell Glass, and explicitly told Explorers that their Glass units would be disabled if they did so. Read More
It's not too difficult to sell stuff online. There's eBay, Craigslist, and any number of online marketplaces just waiting for you to sign in and let go of your discarded items. But here's the thing, these sites require users to pass a certain laziness threshold, and frankly, many of us aren't willing to bother. That's where Sold comes in. This app will sel your stuff for you, ship you a package for shipping, and give you your easily-earned money. Read More
Internet auctionhouse eBay has pushed an update to its official Android app today that brings a number of long-desired features, including a slew of seller features. You can now list an item from start-to-finish, and every thing in between, all without ever touching a computer.
Here's a look at the full changelog:
- Selling on eBay is now supported (available in US and UK with support for more countries coming soon!)
- Quickly list an item from start to finish on your phone and include up to 8 photos
- Use the integrated barcode scanner from RedLaser to prefill item details when listing an item
- Revise an item from your Active Selling list
- Relist an item from your Unsold list
- Sell one like this feature available when viewing a similar item on eBay
- Schedule an auction to start immediately or choose a later date
- End an active auction
- Mark an item as shipped
- Contact the buyer
- Updated home screen
- View your own feedback ratings and recent comments from eBay members
- More options for refining your search results: condition, free shipping, location, completed listings and sold items only
- Fix for issue that restricted bidding for users on specific carriers/devices
- Other bug fixes and improvements
Unfortunately, as you can see, the new selling features are only available in the US and UK at the moment, with "support for more countries coming soon."
The listing in the Web Market hasn't been update as of right now, but you should be able to pull this update just fine from the Mobile Market or App Brain using the widget below. Read More
No matter what you say about AT&T (i.e. how long can they keep locking down sideloading no their Android phones?), at least their commitment to Android has definitely picked up compared to only a few months ago.
Today, as expected, 2 more new Android phones are available on AT&T, namely Motorola Backflip and Motorola Flipout.
The Bravo is a slightly more upscale of the two, but still fails to impress me in any way other than being DLNA-enabled. Read More