If you've got a printer in your home or office, there's a pretty good chance it's made by Epson. Since the announcement of KitKat's new printer support, you might have also been looking forward to being able to send a document straight from your Android device to your Epson printer. Good news: that dream is now a reality. The manufacturer just announced that it has released a plugin to enable native printing support on Android KitKat. Read More
OfficeSuite Pro is one of the more powerful collections of productivity software for Android (and Cameron's personal favorite). Today it's getting just a bit better by adding several new features, including the ability to print via Google Cloud Print, convert text documents to PDF files, spell-check, and compatibility with SkyDrive.
Here's a complete list of what's new:
6.5 New Features:
- Print - print documents with Google Cloud Print or previously installed third party printer
- Convert to PDF - convert your text documents to PDF files
- Spell-check (based on Google ICS spell-check)
- New supported formats - opening of XLSM, PPTM, PPSM and DOCM formats
- Thumbnail preview in Slideshow mode
- Animated Slideshow -support for animated slideshows
- Embedded images & charts (in Excel module)
- Now compatible with Microsoft SkyDrive
- WiFi Direct support
Although, some of the new additions may be having some problems. Read More
There are countless methods out there for learning Android development from the Android Bootcamp video series to the boatload of print publications currently in circulation to Google's own Android tutorials. Looking to create something both unique and helpful however, Android Cookbook has compiled a crowd-sourced set of recipes for "writing great Android apps," making them available for free online.
The online cookbook, which relies on user recipe submission and group moderation, was recently finalized for publication by O'Reilly, meaning it's now available both on the web and in print from various retailers. Read More