Last Updated: October 15th, 2012
According to a Czech press release unearthed by The Verge, Microsoft may be readying native Office apps for Android. As of right now, the only programs that have mobile versions on the Play Store are OneNote and Lync. Otherwise known as "the ones very few people care about." If this report is to be believed, though, we may see native versions of the entire Office suite.
According to the Verge's translations, Microsoft said this:
"In addition to Windows, Office will be also available on other operating systems, Windows Phone, Windows RT, Mac OS, Android, iOS and Symbian"
Redmond, by way of the Czech Republic, also pointed out that there would be new versions of its Office Web Apps.
Last Updated: October 26th, 2012
The worst kept secret in HTC's recent history, the One X+, was finally officially announced this morning by the Taiwanese manufacturer. Let's take a closer look at what has changed.
The updated One X variant features:
- A beefier Cortex-A9 NVIDIA Tegra 3 AP37 processor running at 1.7GHz (up from 1.5GHz)
- ULP GeForce NVIDIA GPU, running at 520MHz (up from 416MHz)
- 64GB of internal storage (up from 32GB)
- 2100mAh battery (up from 1800mAh), which HTC says may give you up to 6 hours of extra talk time
- 1.6MP front-facing camera (up from 1.3MP)
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Sense 4+
- 135g - slightly heavier but only by 5 grams (up from 130g)
The rest of the specs remain the same, including a 4.7" 1280x720 display, 1GB of RAM (a real bummer considering Samsung's and LG's latest offerings contain and really benefit from double that), Beats Audio, and an 8MP rear-facing camera.
Last Updated: November 5th, 2011
Those lucky enough to fly all the way to Hong Kong have been given first access to the Galaxy Nexus Press Release - on a piece of paper.
Update: Here's a picture with full specs.
Here are all the details.
Galaxy Nexus – Main Features
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream
- 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED Screen with 720p resolution
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Redsigned UI in Android 4.0
- Improved multi-tasking, notifications, Wi-Fi hotspot, NFC support, full web browsing
- Android 4.0 features Software Navigation buttons – brand new
- People App with Google+ Integration among other features
- Redesigned camera with panorama mode, 1080p video, zero-shutter lag, silly faces and background replacement features
- Face Unlock: Facial recognition to unlock your phone!