Nova Launcher is one of the most popular home screen replacements out there, and the developers are hard at work ensuring that this doesn't change any time soon. The latest update introduces even more ways to customize every aspect of your launcher's appearance. Anyone who makes the jump to version 2.2 will gain the ability to add backgrounds to their docks, customize the look of their unread badges, and dabble with new scroll effects.
Update: We've added a few more changes, courtesy of TeslaCoil.
The highly popular homescreen replacement Nova Launcher is now officially at V2.0 - the latest release just went live minutes ago. Let's cut to the chase: what's new? A whole a lot, based on the changelog below.
What's in this version:
- Custom Icon Size (Prime)
- Swipe actions on any desktop icon (Prime)
- Custom wallpaper cropping
- Increase maximum desktop grid size
- Infinite Scroll Drawer Setting
- Alphabetical list drawer style
- Small Icons Dock Setting
- Force wallpaper scrolling on USA SGS2
- Aggressive Desktop Setting (Keep in memory)*
- Lower memory usage
- Improve scrolling performance
- Fixes, optimizations and tuning
*"Retrieve Running Apps" used for Aggressive Desktop and warning when multiple launchers are running
- "Swipe to open folder" allowing swiping over a desktop or dock folder to open it, with the tap action doing something else (such as opening an app).