Google I/O is coming and we already expect a bevy of Android related announcements. Furthermore, rumours of a Google-branded Android tablet have been swirling around for some time now, and last month a benchmark report indicated that the 7-inch tablet would be manufactured by Asus.
According to a leaked internal training document, recently uncovered by Gizmodo Australia, the Google tablet will indeed be manufactured by Asus and will feature the following specs:
- 7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280x800 and a 178-degree viewing angle
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor
- nVidia GeForce 12-core GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB or 16GB of internal storage
- 1.2 MP front-facing camera, no rear camera
- NFC with Google Wallet
- Android Beam
- Battery life estimated at 9 hours
Aside from the specs, which are quite impressive, there are two pieces of news that are especially interesting.