Earlier today it was announced that the Droid 3 had officially been rooted. As previously stated, the process doesn't look all that difficult as long as you have ADB set up and ready to go. Now this process is even easier, though, as a 1-click solution has become available! That's not the best part, either -- P3Droid seems to think that this method should work on all Moto phones running Gingerbread.
- Install Motorola drivers
- Download and unzip Droid 3 Easy Root Script v7
- Enable USB debugging on your device (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
- Plug your phone into the computer and select "Charge Mode Only"
- Run "Click to root your Droid 3.bat" in the Droid 3 easy root folder
- Follow the onscreen instructions and unlock the phone after each boot.