Popular video sharing service Vimeo has finally launched its official Android app today. The new app has included all the important features found in the web version, including the ability to browse, watch, download, and upload videos onto Vimeo.
Upon starting the app, the user is shown a 3x3 grid of options for creating, uploading, watching, and sharing videos. While not a requirement, creating a Vimeo account and logging into the service also allows the user to comment on, "like", and subscribe to videos, as well as save them to the "Watch Later" list.
Some of the other features of the app include:
- Upload raw footage or previously edited creations in HD or SD
- Pause/resume uploads and get reminded when a video is paused
- Replace existing videos
- Edit titles, descriptions, tags, privacy settings, and credits
- Share videos via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Email, and SMS
- Watch and manage all Vimeo videos and download them to camera roll
- Watch videos from your Vimeo Inbox, Watch Later queue, and videos you like"
- Easily like videos, comment on videos, and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and interesting videos curated by Vimeo Staff
- Add videos to Groups, Channels, and Albums
- Access stats on daily plays, likes, and comments
Although the app has received some favourable reviews, the overwhelming majority are 1-star.