Chase, a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase, today released its official and long-awaited mobile banking app for Android. Since I am a Chase customer with 3 credit cards and a checking account (migrated from WaMu), I decided to take it out for a quick spin.
The Chase app features the following:
- instant check deposits by taking photos of the front and back with your phone's camera - it's not the first bank to do this, but it was certainly the #1 wanted feature on my list
- viewing account balances and transaction histories
- paying bills using Chase bill pay
- paying credit card balances
- money transfers, including both account-to-account and wire transfers
- ATM/branch finder
The app is very secure - it requires your password every time you sign on and does not store it anywhere.