Last Updated: August 2nd, 2012
HTC Rezound owners may have a reason to get excited in the very, very near future. According to a leaked document, the Rezound may be seeing an update to Ice Cream Sandwich starting as soon as tomorrow, July 29th. The document says the OTA update should be about 292MB, so be sure to have your WiFi handy before you download.
As we mentioned before, there is a decent chance that the tip was fabricated.
Last Updated: July 17th, 2012
I've seen hundreds of battery widgets. Maybe more. Still, I've been using Circle Battery Widget for what seems like eons. It's installed on every device I own/have owned, and it ends up on every device that I test, too. Why? Because it's simple, customizable, and tells me what I want to know at a glance. Not only that, but I think the circular graph is an excellent way to output the remaining battery percent.
Last Updated: July 31st, 2012
Well, E4GT owners, today is the day you've been waiting for (unless you've rooted and flashed a custom ICS ROM, in which case, you're no longer waiting for anything): the official ICS update is now rolling out to your device. As expected, the update brings a host of new features:
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera which introduces panorama mode, effects like silly faces and background replacement, and a powerful photo editor
- Android Beam™: quickly share web pages, apps, contacts and YouTube™ videos with your friends by simply tapping two Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled phones together
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome™ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout and even store web pages for offline reading
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- New Calendar app that lets you add events quickly, sync with Google Calendar™ or Microsoft Exchange and even pinch to adjust your calendar display
- Redesigned Gmail™ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly, and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera
Notice the part in italics up there?
Last Updated: December 27th, 2012
While Samsung may have started pushing the ICS update to international Galaxy Notes back in May, AT&T owners of what is essentially the same device were left wanting. Today, however, that all changes; Samsung has made available Ice Cream Sandwich for the AT&T version of the Note.
Aside from all the added benefits and enhancements of Ice Cream Sandwich, Samsung has also includes its "Premium Suite" of apps designed specifically for the Note.