Last Updated: July 17th, 2012
I've seen hundreds of battery widgets. Maybe more. Still, I've been using Circle Battery Widget for what seems like eons. It's installed on every device I own/have owned, and it ends up on every device that I test, too. Why? Because it's simple, customizable, and tells me what I want to know at a glance. Not only that, but I think the circular graph is an excellent way to output the remaining battery percent.
Last Updated: July 31st, 2012
Well, E4GT owners, today is the day you've been waiting for (unless you've rooted and flashed a custom ICS ROM, in which case, you're no longer waiting for anything): the official ICS update is now rolling out to your device. As expected, the update brings a host of new features:
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera which introduces panorama mode, effects like silly faces and background replacement, and a powerful photo editor
- Android Beam™: quickly share web pages, apps, contacts and YouTube™ videos with your friends by simply tapping two Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled phones together
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome™ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout and even store web pages for offline reading
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- New Calendar app that lets you add events quickly, sync with Google Calendar™ or Microsoft Exchange and even pinch to adjust your calendar display
- Redesigned Gmail™ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly, and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera
Notice the part in italics up there?
Last Updated: December 27th, 2012
While Samsung may have started pushing the ICS update to international Galaxy Notes back in May, AT&T owners of what is essentially the same device were left wanting. Today, however, that all changes; Samsung has made available Ice Cream Sandwich for the AT&T version of the Note.
Aside from all the added benefits and enhancements of Ice Cream Sandwich, Samsung has also includes its "Premium Suite" of apps designed specifically for the Note.