We can easily forget some of the mid-range to lower-end devices in the flurry of news we have to keep up with. Thankfully, though, T-Mobile and Samsung haven't. At least not in the Blaze 4G's case. This device is currently in the process of receiving an update to Android 2.3.6. It was already running Gingerbread, so this isn't a huge update. What is big, however, is T-Mobile has announced that some time in the future, the device will see Ice Cream Sandwich.
Looks like a handful of undisclosed T-Mobile stores will be getting their hands on the recently announced Samsung S Galaxy Blaze 4G on March 21 - a full week ahead of the nationwide release of the device (March 28th). The Blaze is one of the fastest smartphones to hit T-Mo's HSPA+ network, rocking some pretty decent specs (sorry, no word on RAM or storage capacity at the moment):
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread (will likely be updated to Android 4.0)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 Dual-Core Processor clocked at 1.5GHz
- 3.97" Super AMOLED display
- 5MP rear shooter with 720p video capabilities
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- Expandable storage via microSD slot
If the Blaze sounds like the smartphone for you, you'll be able to pick one up for $149 after a $50 mail-in-rebate and two-year agreement.