Yesterday was an incredible day for us consumers! After only the first day of the 3-day CTIA Wireless 2010 mobile conference we've already seen some amazing new phones scheduled for release in the upcoming few months, such as the HTC EVO 4G.
Samsung did not remain on the sidelines either yesterday and demonstrated its new version of the Galaxy, called Galaxy S model GT-I9000. S seems to stand for either "Smart Life" (sigh, another custom Android flavor?) or Speed, just like the iPhone 3GS.
Here are the specs at a glance:
- 1GHz Hummingbird CPU
- a 4" Super AMOLED screen, which is supposed to be 20% brighter and eliminate 80% of sunlight glare, 480×800 resolution
- 5MP camera
- 720P video recording and playback - no word on HDMI output
- 1GB internal storage
- 8-16GB MicroSD card included, expandable to 32GB
- 512MB RAM (?)
- WiFi b/g/n - not just B/G but N too, impressive
- Proximity, light, gyro sensors, digital compass, GPS
- Bluetooth 3.0 A2DP + EDR - 3.0 here, not 2.1, we have progress, people!