When the terms architectural, engineering, and construction are mentioned regarding design software, one name comes to mind: AutoDesk. They company has made available some pretty amazing software for Android, like AutoCAD, SketchBook, Inventor Publisher, and Design Review. Now, it has released its popular three-dimensional engineering software ForceEffect to the Play Store.
ForceEffect offers some very nice features:
- Freehand sketching of elements and construction lines with snaps, constraints, and inferencing
- Object dimensioning, global scaling, units, constraints
- Import image as background
- Create joints (welded, pinned)
- Break element at joints
- Create supports (fixed, grounded, sliding)
- Create loads (known, unknown, distributed) and moments
- Add weight to individual elements
- Compute reaction forces and moments for equilibrium and over-constrained systems
- Toggle forces to show force vector components
- Results reporting with picture, results, all equations
- Save and load files from Autodesk 360
- In app tutorials
Best of all, it's completely free, so even if it looks like something you'd just like to play with, you're not spending a penny to give it a shot.