"We are very sorry to see one of our users had to experience this with their device as the safety of our customers is our first and foremost concern. We have already contacted MiYzu to learn more about his condition, as well as dispatched OnePlus staff to physically retrieve back the phone. This way, we can determine the circumstances surrounding this so that we may work to prevent this happening in the future.
Earlier this month, a Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded inside an 18-year-old girl's pants pocket, leaving her with a pretty nasty third-degree burn on her thigh. It really happened, and the burn is real, but Samsung's not responsible. The company has concluded that the battery used in the device was not the original. Scientists at the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research in Dubendorf, Laboratory have confirmed Sammy's findings.
Phones can explode. It's not a common occurrence, and it is more likely to happen when a device is being misused in some way, but it's still not outside the realm of possibility for a device to harm someone who was using it precisely as intended. An 18-year-old woman in Switzerland was badly burned this week when a Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded in her pants pocket. The incident took place while the woman was at work, and her boss had to tear off her pants in order to help her.
Remember last month when an innocent user's Galaxy SIII was said to have spontaneously combusted? In the original post, user dillo2k10 told a harrowing tale, explaining that during a seemingly average drive, his S3 got a little too hot:
Meet Yello, a fish that was probably named by a two-year-old because the child thought he looked vaguely yellowish and he doesn't really know how to spell. He also doesn't quite understand how fish breathe, because he's rather sadistically yanked Yello from his bowl for "a walk." It's up to you to save Yello... by yanking on his tail and flinging him into piles of things until he eventually lands in his bowl.