Yesterday, Samsung released a fairly minor update for the Epic 4G. There are only a handful of changes, including some light optimizations and a few small bug fixes - but more importantly, it adds Media Hub functionality. Media Hub is a new service that was introduced last night by Samsung, and provides access to movies and TV shows from most of the big dogs - not too shabby.
Full list of changes:
DI07 Update Details
Please see the list below for details of some changes found in the DI07 update.
- Optimized, HotSpot in 3G idle mode to help conserve battery power
- Optimized, Applied Qualcomm patch for performance enhancement
- Added, Media Hub
- Modified, WiMAX exit delay
- Modified, UI "Noisey" One to "Noisy One"
- Fixed, 32GB mSD card is not recongized when formatted in device
- Fixed, When playing video, the playback is paused if a headset is connected/disconnected
- Fixed, Sorry popup when DRM file is selected in the Gallery
- Fixed, Hotspot registration/deregistration
Note, below is a screen shot of the descriptor.