Last Updated: July 3rd, 2011
Not everyone needs a new phone at this time of year, especially as you probably got your last one some time around Christmas, but if you’re in the market for a decent Android phone on your college-sized budget, here’s the what you’re looking at if you’re one of the four major carriers:
- Motorola Droid - Affordable doesn’t necessarily have to mean cheap, and such is the case with the original Motorola Droid.
Last Updated: August 1st, 2012
Our friend Daniel Ruby, analyst for ad firm Chitika, has released a new tool for tracking Mobile usage stats. The page is chock-full of goodies (at least, for those of us nerdy enough to dig stats). The most interesting highlights:
- The original Motorola Droid still commands nearly 30% of the Android market (29.9%)
- The HTC EVO 4G has taken second place at ~8% (7.96)
- The iPhone accounts for 57% of iOS usage; the iPod accounts for 22% and the iPad clocks in at 21%
- For all the fuss over Android fragmentation, iOS fragmentation is worse.