Update: Here's a snapshot of that ridiculous 1080p display in action. Be sure to check out Ron's hands-on with the phone, in which he describes said eye-melting resolution.
Our own Ron Amadeo is live on the ground at the DROID DNA unveiling, but the not-quite-a-phablet phone has just been officially announced by Verizon. As expected, the DROID DNA's specifications (similar to the J Butterfly) basically position it as arguably the most lust-worthy Android phone on the market (in the US). Well, as long as you ignore the amount of internal storage, that is.
- 5" 1080p S-LCD3 display (1920x1080, 440DPI) with Gorilla Glass 2
- 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 2GB RAM / 16GB internal storage (11GB usable)
- Android 4.1.1 with Sense 4+
- 8MP f2.0 rear camera / 2.1MP ultra-wide angle front facing camera
- 2020mAh battery (yikes)
- Bluetooth 4.0 with apt-X
- Wireless charging
- New 2.55v built-in headphone amplifier (should provide significant audio quality gains)
The DNA is slated to launch on November 21st, for $200 on a 2-year agreement ($600 off contract).