There is a new Google Search update rolling out, and it's bringing a bunch of new functionality to Google Now. There are new cards for car rentals, concert tickets, commute sharing, NCAA football, updated transit, new TV info, and better reminders. It's like we're drowning in cards here.
Given the major Keep update to v2 today, I got excited when I saw that Hangouts was updated as well a short time after. Unfortunately, it seems like it's a very minor bump: from 22.214.171.1243199 to 126.96.36.1998356.
A quick teardown revealed updated translations and some minor under-the-hood code changes that aren't anything to write home about. The changelog hasn't been updated either and still lists the added emoji support and other stuff from the previous v1.1 update.
Earlier today, Google announced a pretty significant update to the Google+ app for Android. Version 4.1, which follows 4.0.2, brought the following new features:
- Google Drive Photos integration, including viewing, easier sharing, and auto-awesome/auto-enhance.
- Account switching without having to log out.
- Better location sharing controls.
- Google+ified swipe-down-to-refresh (like Gmail, except with funky fresh Google+ colored bars).
- Messenger extermination (finally, the Messenger menu item is gone).
- Google Apps for Business support.
Here are the wallpapers from the new Nexus 7 that is now available for pre-order and was shown off in full detail yesterday. From what I can tell, there is only one really new wallpaper compared to what came with the previous Nexuses, and it's the one that the new Nexus 7 comes with selected by default. I ran it through TinEye and Google's Reverse Image Search, and it's the only one that returned no existing hits.