The Google Docs for Android app just received an update that makes it even more like its desktop counterpart. It brings a number of new features to both phones and tablets:
- Create, view and edit Google documents with our new Android editor
- Rich text formatting (bold, italics, underline, font color, background color)
- Layout tools (bulleted lists, numbered lists, indentation)
- Real-time collaboration - see edits from others in seconds
- Cursor presence and highlighting
Here's a look at the new interface:
Unfortunately, this new interface only applies to standard documents; spreadsheets still use the mobile web interface inside of the app.