Following yesterday's announcement of the first 4G handset for Sprint, the company earlier today posted a bunch of new helpful information to their Android Developers site to guide developers around the newly introduced features never before seen on an Android phone, or even *any* mobile phone.
Here is the new stuff that what we found there:
- general documentation updated with references to HTC EVO 4G
- 4G Developer Guide - Sprint_HTC_EVO_4G_Developer_S_Guide
- detecting different network types (4G, 3G, WI-FI) and handling transitions as they occur
- utilizing HDMI output in your application
- how to incorporate the forward facing camera into your application
- using some of the HTML 5.0 tags in your web page including Location and Video
- HTC EVO 4G Code Samples
Sprint's developer guide for the HTC EVO 4G handset provides best practices on:
- HTC EVO 4G - HTML5 Location Sample
- HTC EVO 4G - HTML5 Video Sample
- HTC EVO 4G - HDMI Video Sample (spelled, HDML on the site.