NielsenWire has released yet another one of their bar and pie chart-filled smartphone surveys for the US this morning, and it's just more good news for Android. Here's a quick breakdown of some of the key stats Nielsen compiled:
- Android now represents 37% of all US smartphones
- 50% of smartphones sold in the month of March were Android phones
- 31% of consumers said their next purchase will be an Android phone, compared to 26% one year ago.
TweetDeck for Android, which got immensely popular ever since its first public release a month ago, just got an update which finally brought the missing and very much anticipated widget support. After updating, you will find not 1, not 2, but 3 different widgets.
Here is the changelog:
- New "Quick post" widget
- New "Column" widget
- New "Quick launch bar" widget
- All new Add Column interface
- Fixed various bugs and improved performance
Check out all of the new widgets in the screenshots I just took:
- the top one is TweetDeck Column which turns into a quick view of one of your columns.