Last Updated: October 13th, 2013
Google has started to push out an update to the Play Store for Android with version 3.10.10. The difference in size compared to the previous version 3.10.9 from about a month ago is about 1.5KB, and after ripping through the APK, I found no significant changes. There are some tweaks to the in-app billing, checkout, and authentication code, but from what I can tell, this is a bug fix release.
File Size History
- com.android.vending-3.5.19.apk 3.81MB (4,000,309 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.11.apk 5.07MB (5,319,551 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.13.apk 5.07MB (5,322,241 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.15.apk 5.07MB (5,322,517 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.15.apk 5.35MB (5,618,814 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.17.apk 5.35MB (5,618,730 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.16.apk 5.22 MB (5,482,490 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.17.apk 5.34 MB (5,610,397 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.9.apk 5.87 MB (6,158,861 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.10.apk 5.87 MB (6,160,306 bytes)
The APK is signed by Google and installs on top of your existing Play Store.
Last Updated: December 14th, 2012
Here are the winners:
- Russ Brown
- Maxwell Kozlov
- Minh Tam Dinh Thai
Congrats, everyone - we'll be in touch shortly.
The number of quality games in the Play Store may be increasing at a healthy pace, but let's be honest, there's still some room for improvement. Unfortunately, even if you know Java, creating games can be a little different than creating an app. You need some help - a professionally-written book to break down and explain each part of the process, then help you bring it together.