Nearly a couple weeks ago, the Jelly Bean (4.1.1) update to the Evo 4G LTE
XL BBQ began to roll out. By now, we think it's safe to say that most or all of you have it. If you don't, however, or if you've already updated, flashed another ROM, and want to get back to stock, then maybe I can interest you in a nice RUU?
As a side note, if you're HTCDev unlocked, you'll need to relock your handset or you'll get an error while trying to run the .exe. Read More
Update: Sprint's posted the official changelog, here it is:
HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.15.651.16
- WiFi Authentication Improvement
- Personalized ringtones
- Calendar event description hyperlinks and calendar reminder improvements
- Addition of Sprint Connections Optimizer
- Upgrade to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) with HTC Sense 4+
- Improved Browser performance
- Face Unlock Improvement
- Application Improvements to YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Maps, and more
- Improved Camera including Auto Portrait and Sightseeing Mode capabilities
- Improved Gallery with ability to display photos and video albums according to when or where taken
- Tap and Go function to connect the phone to select Beats Audio speakers
- HTC Get Started support to allow device set up from a computer
- Software version is: 3.15.651.16
- Updates may be released in stages.
According to a photo taken of an internal Sprint page by an anonymous tipster, the EVO 4G LTE is finally scheduled to receive an update to Android 4.1 - starting tomorrow.
Now, we should clarify two things. First, this tipster isn't one we have particular reason to consider reliable, though there is a link to DARA in the leaked image, an internal Sprint web portal. It's certainly a real possibility that this is from inside Sprint. Read More