We found 2513 results for 'Motorola Droid'
The Droid Bionic is coming out a week from now, but its guts have already been leaked online and examined by some curious Android minds (remember the boot animation?).
One of them, P3Droid, ripped out the wallpapers unique to the device, packaged them up into an app, and posted it online. Since I like to see things in front of me, feel and touch them, I then ripped the wallpapers out of his app and am now posting them for individual viewing and downloading (the app is free, so put down your pitch forks). Read More
It has been quite a while since we heard anything about the Gingerbread update for the original Motorola Droid 2 (not Global), but it looks like VZW and Moto finally finished it up and it has received the stamp of approval, as it's rolling out in OTA fashion as I type this.
- New Download Manager
- App and Power Management Details
- Multi-touch key-chording
- Improved word selection copy functionality
- New UI and color scheme
- New dock icons
- App groups
- Improved security
- Improved battery life while using Wi-Fi
- Fixed issue that caused frequent data connection drops
- Mobile Hotspot status is displayed accurately
- Improved email application
- Correct contact name is displayed when receiving SMS messages
- Emoticons are displayed in messages
- Forward SMS message conversations accurately
- Notification LED will flash when new message is received
- Access My Verizon without any force close errors
- Compass calibration within Google Maps syncs accurately with your location
- Geo-tagging features available for camera applications
- Clock widget updates time correctly
- Callback numbers now populate in Dialer app
- GPS apps and programs no longer cause unnecessary device resets
- Google Books is now preloaded
- V CAST Apps is now preloaded
- V CAST Media Manager is now preloaded
- Blockbuster® movie rentals license remains active after download
- Keypad backlight turns on in darker settings
- Improvements in screen display no longer causes display screen to turn black
- Fixed issue that caused factory resets when the device’s mobile number is changed
- Fixed issue that caused device reset and a black display screen after over the air upgrades.
The Droid 3 is the most powerful Droid to date -- its 1Ghz dual-core OMAP processor and Android 2.3.4 make it a speedy and capable device. As with most devices, D3 owners wanted root access in order to take full advantage of all that it had to offer. That day has finally arrived, as the D3 has been rooted by developer drjbliss from the XDA forums.
The rooting process seems to be rather easy, granted you have ADB set up and know how to use it. Read More
In the past, teasers, trailers, and other forms of video goodness for the Droid lineup have left me in a state of awe. I can still remember the amount of excitement that I felt the first time I saw the teaser for the Droid X -- it was chill inducing. The second that eye lit up with the infamous red glow and the "droid" audio resonated through my ear canals; oh man, it was good. Read More
We already know virtually every detail about the upcoming Droid Bionic, and now Phone Arena has snagged a photo of a VZW internal document that basically verifies the last of the rumors: release date and price. We've been hearing rumors of a September 8th date for some time now, and one look at the image shows that pretty much hits the nail on the head. The phone will come in at a minimum advertised price of $299 with a two-year contract, which has quickly become the standard pricing for all of Big Red's 4G LTE phones. Read More
Although the Gingerbread update for the Droid 2 Global was supposed to begin in mid-June, we've yet to see an official release hit the air. Every time another device gets Gingerbread, I can hear the D2G owners across the nation asking when it will be their turn, and it looks like we can finally answer that question: now.
While it may not be the official build, there is a definitely a leaked version floating around RootzWiki courtesy of aceoyame, that's looks to be a somewhat final build. Read More
The Droid Bionic, Verizon's most anticipated and delayed phone of 2011 (alongside the SGS2), expected to show up around September 8th, just got a few details we were curious about confirmed in its FCC filing docs, along with a slew of photos. Hilariously, it looks like either FCC has been testing this phone in a warzone or they have a pack of wild puppies around the office, because the device looks like it's just been through battle and gotten a Purple Heart. Read More
It looks like yet another leaked image of the not-so-illusive Droid Bionic has surfaced over at Droid-Life, but it's really nothing that we haven't already seen:
What this does bring, though, is some new information -- and I can't say that it's welcome news. According to the tipster, the Bionic is sporting the PenTile display that we're not the biggest fans of. However, s/he did point out that there was less ghosting than on the Droid 3/X2 -- but we'll have to see that with our own eyes to determine whether it actually makes the PenTile display more acceptable. Read More
The technology that allowed custom ROMs like CyanogenMod on the Droid X/2 and Atrix - 2nd-Init - has now been ported to the Droid X2 by XDA forum member edgan. According to the source thread, it was a direct port from the Atrix, as the code was not modified whatsoever, only re-compiled.
Before I go any further, let's get one important piece of information out of the way: this does not unlock the bootloader or allow custom kernels; it simply brings full custom ROM support. Read More
I absolutely love posting deals and helping save our readers money, especially if the devices in question are brand spanking new. Therefore, today's late-Friday price drop on the Verizon Motorola Droid 3 that literally came out within the last few days, gives me double the pleasure.
Motorola's first dual-core phone in the Droid series, the Droid 3 sells for $199.99 directly from Verizon but was being offered at a discounted online price of $149.99 at Wirefly and Amazon Wireless as of yesterday. Read More