Last Updated: June 16th, 2012
Make no mistake about it - the Galaxy Nexus is the most important phone of 2011. It's the first device from the next generation of Android. It hits every major feature the phones of 2012 will be touting: On-screen buttons, a massive 720p OLED screen, NFC, LTE, and Ice Cream Sandwich. Together these things make this phone unlike any other Android phone. This is what Android's future looks like.
- CPU: 1.2 GHz, Dual Core TI OMAP 4460
- GPU: 384 MHz PowerVR SGX540
- RAM: 1 GB
- Storage: 32GB (28GB usable, no SD card)
- Screen: 4.65" 720p Super AMOLED PenTile
- Camera: 5MP rear, 1.3MP front, 1080p Video
- Battery: 1,850 mAh
- OS: Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich (Stock)
- Weight: 135 g (4.8 oz)
- Dimensions: 135.5 mm x 67.94 mm x 9.47 mm
- Verizon LTE
- Ice Cream Sandwich is a revolution.
Last Updated: December 20th, 2011
Update #1: The full flashable stock RUU (it's not rooted and will most likely wipe your data) has been leaked. It can be used by developers or users to roll back to stock 2.11.605.9. You can download it from our mirror here (MD5: 013cbdd3a9b28bc894631008fa2148e2).
Update #2: This update breaks revolutionary at the moment, but a fix is on its way.
Thanks, Justin Case!
Update #3: Rooted and deodexed version is here.
Last Updated: December 26th, 2011
And so it begins - Android Police's First Annual Mega-Holiday Giveaway Series. For the next ten days, you'll have chances to win all sorts of awesome Android phones, tablets, and other goodies. (As a note to our international readers, this first contest features prizes that don't work outside the US, but don't worry, we have some more stuff coming for you later today.)
This contest is now over. Here are our winners, selected at random:
- Grand prize - White EVO 3D: Anne Kaluza, a.k.a.