Last Updated: June 5th, 2012
: This method is outdated - please refer to this guide
Jamezelle, jcase (that's me), and all of AndIRC (i.e. everyone - AndIRC is an open dev group), the same folks who rooted the pre-production Thunderbolt in February, proudly present:
A Very Dirty HTC Thunderbolt Root V1.02 2011/03/18
- Root with read/write access to /system
- Ability to downgrade and flash any RUU (i.e. signed firmware)
- No custom recovery [yet]
- No custom kernels [yet]
- The root procedure currently requires flashing a slightly older version of the firmware (RUU_Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.05.605.0_Radio_1.07.00.0108r_NV_8K_1.38_9K_1.54_release_166255), which could potentially have more bugs.
Last Updated: April 16th, 2011
Over a month after Toshiba first demoed its Android Honeycomb tablet with an awesome teaser site, Amazon has put up a product page featuring the tablet with its specifications and capabilities. The tablet cannot actually be purchased from Amazon yet and there is also no word on pricing or when it will finally become available.
As expected, the tablet's specs are as follows:
- 10.1" display (1200x800)
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb
- 5.0 MP rear camera with autofocus
- 2.0MP front-facing webcam
- Stereo speakers
- USB, mini-USB, and HDMI ports
- SD card reader
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, e-Compass, GPS and Ambient Light
- Screen rotation lock switch
- User replaceable battery
- Interchangeable rubber backplate, available in a variety of colors
Let us at least hope that Toshiba come up with a name for this device before it starts shipping.
Last Updated: March 18th, 2011
It seems that the Android Market's gaming content has been improving by leaps and bounds lately, has it not? It was just a few months ago that Doodle Jump and Replica Island were some of the best our beloved OS could offer. While we still appreciate our humble beginnings, those days are long gone and mustached mercenary Guerrilla Bob is here to announce that - with his machine guns blazing.
An import from iOS, Angry Mob Games' Guerrilla Bob is a top-down action-packed shooter that pits a Rambo-like, cigar-chomping avenger (you guessed it, Guerrilla Bob) against an army of baddies ranging from terrorists to bulldozer-driving madmen.