Rovio's newest game, you know the one that has neither birds nor pigs, Amazing Alex has finally landed in the Play Store. The game, which centers around a bright youngster named Alex and his fascination with using Rube Goldberg machines to accomplish tasks. The game, much like Angry Birds Space, is available in three variants on Android: a free, ad-supported version, a $0.99 paid version, and then a $2.99 "HD" version.
The Verizon Galaxy S III is finally available. You can walk into a Verizon store and buy yourself a shiny new GSIII for $200 right now - so long as you're okay with 16 GB of storage and not into unlocked bootloaders, that is.
That aside, if you do plan on picking up the GSIII on Big Red today, you can save yourself $50+ buy ordering from Amazon Wireless, Let's Talk, or Wirefly.
Well, so much for the idea of a patriotic-themed launch party for this device. Still, if you're on AT&T and you're excited about getting your hands on the exclusive red version of Samsung's latest and greatest flagship phone, your wait is about to be at an end. In a few short days, starting on July 15th, AT&T will be offering the device en rouge via pre-order on its site.
The device will land in stores next to the blue and white versions on July 29th.
Well, E4GT owners, today is the day you've been waiting for (unless you've rooted and flashed a custom ICS ROM, in which case, you're no longer waiting for anything): the official ICS update is now rolling out to your device. As expected, the update brings a host of new features:
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera which introduces panorama mode, effects like silly faces and background replacement, and a powerful photo editor
- Android Beam™: quickly share web pages, apps, contacts and YouTube™ videos with your friends by simply tapping two Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled phones together
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome™ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout and even store web pages for offline reading
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- New Calendar app that lets you add events quickly, sync with Google Calendar™ or Microsoft Exchange and even pinch to adjust your calendar display
- Redesigned Gmail™ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly, and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera
Notice the part in italics up there?
Sprint hasn't been the most secretive about the white version of its EVO 4G LTE, as we've already seen. More than once. Now, though, The Now Network has officially taken the wraps off this white handset, and guess what? It's still two-toned. And To add insult to injury, the kickstand isn't red anymore.
I was really hoping for a sexy all-white device with that brilliant red kickstand, but it's clear that HTC and Sprint had a different vision: boring.
After Apple's recent success in filing a preliminary injunction against Samsung Galaxy Nexus sales in the US, the device vanished from the Play Store. Shortly after that, the 9th Circuit Court temporarily lifted the ban the Galaxy Nexus briefly appeared for sale again with a note that the device would "ship soon" (1-2 weeks).
Just moments ago, however, order was restored to the universe (or at least the US) – the Galaxy Nexus is now "In Stock" and can be ordered for delivery between 3 and 5 business days.
Longtime Android game developer Com2uS has its fair share of experience with baseball games. Most Android users have at lest heard of, if not played, Homerun Battle. This series is designed to provide a more authentic feel than those cartoony games. 9 Innings: Pro baseball 2013 has the real players you know and love with physics to match.
If you're a baseball fan, this is probably the game for you.
T-Mobile customers excited to get hold of Samsung's latest flagship may have noticed by now that the carrier's base price (for a 16GB device) is $279.99 – yes, that's $80 above every other carrier's price for the 16GB model. Luckily, both Wirefly and Letstalk have lopped that extra $80 off and are now offering the SIII for just $199.99 for new accounts and upgrades. Of course, both retailers are offering Samsung's Galaxy SIII in both its Marble White and Pebble Blue versions.
Mixcloud is a streaming audio service that's gained quite a following for its wide selection of live music and DJ tracks. No longer will you have to head to a computer to listen to Mixcloud; the new Android app gives you access to the same cool beats on your phone.
From within the app you can dive into any of the popular streams from clubs all over the world.
Aiming to "unlock the world's creativity," the team at Fluid Software recently completed a project that began in January 2011 with the release of Fluid UI 1.0. The tool, which is powered by HTML 5 and based online, allows users to quickly and easily create mobile UI mockups for Android (both tablets and phones), as well as iOS using a simple interface that includes all of the basic building blocks (clip art icons, navigation elements, system bars, etc.) for beautiful, style-guide friendly interfaces.