Update: Sprint's posted the official changelog, here it is:
HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.15.651.16
- WiFi Authentication Improvement
- Personalized ringtones
- Calendar event description hyperlinks and calendar reminder improvements
- Addition of Sprint Connections Optimizer
- Upgrade to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) with HTC Sense 4+
- Improved Browser performance
- Face Unlock Improvement
- Application Improvements to YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Maps, and more
- Improved Camera including Auto Portrait and Sightseeing Mode capabilities
- Improved Gallery with ability to display photos and video albums according to when or where taken
- Tap and Go function to connect the phone to select Beats Audio speakers
- HTC Get Started support to allow device set up from a computer
- Software version is: 3.15.651.16
- Updates may be released in stages.
Listen up, Pantech Breakout owners – Verizon has just announced an update to build S8995VWCA55F.BB that brings with it a laundry list of tweaks and enhancements. While it's not a bump to the next version of Android, the update is still refreshing, given the Breakout's debut on Verizon is now more than a year behind us.
The update, which should be rolling out to Breakout owners any time now, comes with improved SMS delivery, memory management fixes, enhancements for data connectivity, and improvements made "to reduce SD Card issues" among other things. Read More
Update 5: It's official – PowerA has run out of free MOGA systems. In a post to Facebook on the matter, PowerA assures readers that "Santa still has something in his bag for you," so we may see another awesome deal soon.
Update 4: Well this has been a roller coaster – it seems the promo code is once again working. Read More
Google Magazines has to be one of my favorite services from Big G. I've always been a big fan of magazines in general - they just provide a different experience to the traditional blog format (oh how the tables have turned, right?). Now, all our friends across the pond can begin enjoying this fantastic service, as well.
Officially announced last night by Google UK, the service is now available in the Play Store for UK residents. Read More
When AudioGalaxy comes to mind, I think of the music download service from back in the day that was anything but legit. Of course, the service did turn itself around and get on the right side of the law after a bit, and has since become a fairly popular music streaming service with internet radio. Looks like the AG days are quickly coming to an end, though, as the company was just purchased by Dropbox. Read More
In its constant effort to catch up with Verizon's ever-expanding 4G LTE network, AT&T has just announced a handful of new LTE markets, as well as expansion in two:
And earlier this week:
All these markets should be live as of today, bringing all the low-latency, super-fast LTE you can eat. Read More
EE is continuing its fast-paced rollout of 4G in the UK, promising to bring the service to 17 new towns and cities across the region by March next year.
14 locations in the UK, including London, Manchester, and Glasgow, have been enjoying the fast speeds provided by the network since its rollout earlier this year, and they will soon be joined by the likes of Coventry, Leicester, and Reading as the network's expansion continues. Read More
People in the UK have long been able to purchase apps and other goodies from the Google Play store using traditional methods, but as of yet there hasn't been an option to buy gift cards for redemption online like you can with other stores.
Fortunately, it looks like that could soon be changing; the Google Play redeem page now allows you to enter a redemption code from a gift card, although you can't actually buy the cards in shops yet. Read More
Google has started to push out an update to the Play Store for Android with version 3.10.10. The difference in size compared to the previous version 3.10.9 from about a month ago is about 1.5KB, and after ripping through the APK, I found no significant changes. There are some tweaks to the in-app billing, checkout, and authentication code, but from what I can tell, this is a bug fix release.
File Size History
- com.android.vending-3.5.19.apk 3.81MB (4,000,309 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.11.apk 5.07MB (5,319,551 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.13.apk 5.07MB (5,322,241 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.7.15.apk 5.07MB (5,322,517 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.15.apk 5.35MB (5,618,814 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.8.17.apk 5.35MB (5,618,730 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.16.apk 5.22 MB (5,482,490 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.9.17.apk 5.34 MB (5,610,397 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.9.apk 5.87 MB (6,158,861 bytes)
- com.android.vending-3.10.10.apk 5.87 MB (6,160,306 bytes)
The APK is signed by Google and installs on top of your existing Play Store. Read More
For the past 12 years, Google has put together a list of the top searches encompassing each respective year. The list is called Zeitgeist, and it really embodies what was popular through each year - everything from most searched celebrities, to trending songs, apparel brands, and so much more. If you want to see what 2012 was all about, wrapped up in a nice package - Zeitgeist 2012 is the place to do it. Read More