Last Updated: June 5th, 2012
It's no secret that there's an update coming to the HTC Thunderbolt that should start tonight - but no one likes to wait, so - thanks to TeamAndIRC - we've got you covered with an exclusive download.
This update brings a number of fixes to the Thunderbolt, including the annoying reboot issue. Other notable fixes:
- Improved data connectivity
- Enhanced call history view
- Improved Bluetooth discovery
- People search enabled
- Desktop cradle app
- ...and more.
*THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA*THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA*THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA*
- Download the file below, and re-name it to (without quotes) "PG05IMG.zip"
- Place PG05IMG.zip on the root directory of your SD card
- Turn off your Thunderbolt
- Holding Volume Down and then Power simultaneously, wait until the phone boots into the bootloader - it should begin flashing the update immediately.
Last Updated: July 31st, 2011
Update: If you're not into the idea of dropping $379 on this, then you can per-order it from Costco for $50 less ($329). Similarly, Amazon has the pre-order priced at $350, which is still a bit cheaper than ordering direct from Vizio.
If you've been counting down the days until Vizio releases its 8-inch Android-powered tablet, then you can breath a sigh of relief, as pre-orders are now live. The tablet itself is $379, but you can drop $20 extra and get a 16GB SD card and folio style case to go along with it. Here is a quick look at the specs:
- 8 inch 1024x768 display
- 512MB RAM
- Front facing camera
- MiniUSB port
- Micro HDMI out
- 4GB built-in storage, SD Card slot
- Android 2.3
Although this tablet is sans-Honeycomb, it may still be worth the money for those of you who have a Vizio Google TV, as it's designed to accompany said device.