Last Updated: April 16th, 2011
Over a month after Toshiba first demoed its Android Honeycomb tablet with an awesome teaser site, Amazon has put up a product page featuring the tablet with its specifications and capabilities. The tablet cannot actually be purchased from Amazon yet and there is also no word on pricing or when it will finally become available.
As expected, the tablet's specs are as follows:
- 10.1" display (1200x800)
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb
- 5.0 MP rear camera with autofocus
- 2.0MP front-facing webcam
- Stereo speakers
- USB, mini-USB, and HDMI ports
- SD card reader
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, e-Compass, GPS and Ambient Light
- Screen rotation lock switch
- User replaceable battery
- Interchangeable rubber backplate, available in a variety of colors
Let us at least hope that Toshiba come up with a name for this device before it starts shipping.
Last Updated: July 24th, 2011
Update: We have been notified by the developers of this app that the app does not upload any information. The information is kept on the phone and organised by the app. In the future there are plans to implement a feature that would allow the information to be uploaded to a backup server. However, at present, information collected by Friday is not shared with anyone including the developer.
Each day a smartphone user receives information from a variety of different sources, including phone calls, text messages and emails.