There's a new version of Drive rolling out, and it's the last one for users of ICS. It's been a good run, but it may be time to give your Android 4.0 device the boot now that there will be no further Drive app updates. I mean, there were dozens of reasons to do that before, but surely this is the final straw. In addition to ending support for ICS, you'll be able to give Google money for more storage from the app and never miss a document comment again.
Here's the full changelog.
- Easily upgrade your storage plan in-app
- Add homescreen shortcuts to your favorite files
- Receive comment notifications
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
- This is the last supported release of Drive for Android on all Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) devices. Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) users will receive no further updates to Drive on Android. Learn more about Google Apps update policy: https://support.google.com/a/answer/6288871
To be clear, this version of Drive works on ICS, but no future versions will. If there's one to go out on, this version at least seems like a nice upgrade. You can get more storage from inside the app now rather than going through the web. Drive will also push comments on shared documents to you. The new version is on APK Mirror if you don't want to wait.