Android N is going after the notification shade in a big way, and one of the primary examples is notification bundling. This feature expands an alert to show each individual new message recently received. The Hangouts 8.0 update shows this functionality in action.
Since an API is available for developers to tap into, third-party support is on the way. The latest Talon update is one such example. Version 4.6 provides support for notification bundling on Android N and Wear.
Most Android users won't get to enjoy this functionality for months to come (perhaps even a full year). But those of you who have already chosen to flash the developer preview can tinker around with the Twitter client from Klinker Apps. Talon is one of the first apps to let you experience what notification bundling is all about.
- Like and retweet a status from mention and favorite user notification buttons
- Bundled notification support for mentions on Android N and Android Wear
- Bundled notification support for favorite user tweets on Android N and Android Wear
- Bundled notification support for activity on Android N and Android Wear
- Add tweets pictures to mention and favorite user notifications
- UI Improvements
- Ahmad El-Ibrahim