List manager Remember the Milk has been on Android since time immemorial, but it's been in serious need of an update for some time now. Well, it's happening. Remember the Milk is getting a big v4.0 update on most platforms today, but particularly on Android. Not only are there new features, the UI has finally been updated to something more modern.
There's a lot going on here, so here's the general changelog provided by RTM.
- Subtasks - break your tasks down into smaller, more manageable pieces
- Drag and drop reordering - rearrange your tasks in the order you plan to do them
- Tag colors - make your lists both organized and colorful
- All-new sharing - share your lists and give tasks to others to get things done faster
- Notifications - get notified when someone shares a list or gives you a task
- Individual task reminders - set different reminders for each of your tasks
- Advanced sorting - sort and group your tasks however you like
- Start dates - track when it’s time to start working on a task
- Work offline - keep working on your tasks without an Internet connection
Those improvements should be in all of the RTM apps and the website. On the Android side, the UI has been updated to reflect the material guidelines. Well, mostly. It does some weird things with multiple slide-out panels that I don't think are standard. There are some screens from the old app at the bottom for comparison.
RTM is also changing the pro plan price, which has apparently been the same since 2007. It's now $40 per year for new subscribers. Existing subscribers can keep the old rate through at least August 2017.
The old app