Huawei announced the GX8 back in September, and the device has thus far launched in a few European countries. Now, this phone is coming to America. Huawei expects to launch the GX8 here in the next few months. The pricing is currently set at $349.99.
The GX8 has been reasonably popular with buyers in Europe, but the pricing might not be in-line with what US consumers expect. Here are the specs.
- Display: Size: 5.5 inches, 1920×1080 (Full HD)
- Operating System: Android 5.1 + EMUI 3.1
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615, Octa
- Memory: 16GB ROM / 2 GB RAM, microSD expandable up to 128GB
- Camera: Rear: 13.0MP AF, Front: 5.0MP
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Dimension: 152mm x 76.5mm x 7.5mm; 167 g
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 ; WiFi 802.11b/g/n, 2.4G ;MicroUSB 2.0 high speed
- Sensors: Accelerometer; Proximity sensor; Ambient light sensor; Compass, Fingerprint
So, it's a pretty solidly mid-range phone with that Snapdragon 615 and 16GB of storage. At $350, it's getting close to the price of a Nexus 5X or Moto X Pure... and Huawei is launching this phone with Android 5.1. That's going to be a tough sell.
The GX8 will be available through Amazon and the GetHuawei store, but the exact launch date is currently unavailable.