Minecraft v0.13.0 for Android entered beta earlier this month. Gamers downloaded the game. They tested it. They played with the new Redstone components. They dealt with bunnies. They opened and closed new types of wooden doors. Everything checked out, so now the latest version has gone stable. Non-beta testers are free to download the update straight from Google Play.
The addition of Redstone is a big deal, as it gives players the capability to create all sorts of things using wires, buttons, pressure plates, and other ways of managing power. That said, this release contains the first set of Redstone producers and consumers. The remainder of the functionality is on the way.
But let's not forget the little tweaks. Skeletons now run away from wolves. Ghasts and Slimes actually spawn. Minecarts, boats, and beetroot soup are stackable. Obsidian breaks in 6.5 seconds instead of 3.
I'm going to stop here. You can read the changelog for more
- Redstone Circuits: Redstone Wire, Torch, Lamp, Levers, Buttons, Pressure plates, Tripwires, Trapped Chests and Detector Rails. Craft them all!
- Cute, fluffy, crop-eating, bunnies
- Desert temples
- New types of wooden doors
- Stonecutter (RIP)
- Herobrine (RIP)
- Redstone can be used to control doors, trapdoors, TNT and rails
- Faster boats with improved handling
- Increased item tooltip visibility time in Windows 10 Edition Beta
- Stack count labels now use a bigger and more readable font
- Slimes and Ghasts now actually spawn!
- Hunger restored by food items now match the PC version
- Flowers created by using Bone Meal on Grass now depend on the biome
- Skeletons now run away from Wolves
- Obsidian now breaks in 6.5 seconds rather than 3
- Minecarts now stack on top of each other
- Boats now stack
- Beetroot soup now stacks
- Fixed Curved Rail and Redstone behaviour
- Improved Slime spawning
- Block lag should be significantly reduced. - Everything should feel more responsive now
- Updated door textures all over the place
- Even more Ghast and Slime spawning
- Mobs no longer suffocate in carpets (because that was kinda cruel)
- Held items now look better in first-person mode
- Loads of other bug fixes that are too boring to go into here