Well, some owners on AT&T have taken to Google+ with screenshots of Android 5.1 coming to their hardware. The carrier has started soak testing the latest version of Lollipop in anticipation of a general rollout, but some recipients were able to get the goods without an invite.
As it turns out, the carrier has made the over-the-air update available to general users who attempt to pull it down manually.
The OTA will bump your phone up to software version 222.26.1. If you choose to wait, a notification should arrive automatically once AT&T has deemed the update ready for the general public. Either way, you can read the full release notes on Motorola's website.
AT&T has posted its changelog as well. Here's what the carrier says you're getting.
- Upgrade to Android 5.1 Lollipop OS (additional details available from Moto)
- Motorola Assist updates (Meeting, driving, sleeping)
- Motorola Migrate updates
- NFC updates
- Active notification updates
- Motorola experience Touchless Control updates
- SmartBost audio updates
- MotoCare updates
- Other planned fixes, updates, and enhancements