Most updates to the Chromecast app don't warrant a full post around here, but holy crap, you guys. This one has backdrop history, finally. The app will now let you page through the last few images displayed on your Chromecast so you can find out what they were.
The app has a few layout changes to accommodate the new focus on backdrop history. Now you'll have a card for your active Chromecast(s) with a history icon below the image preview. You can tap that and page back through the five most recent images, complete with informative links. The settings for each Chromecast are now accessible from the gear icon in the corner of the backdrop card as well.
The navigation drawer is a little different, but only in that there's no longer a dedicated backdrop listing. That's just lumped into the devices section now. You can grab the updated app from APK Mirror below.
Google has posted the update's changelog with a detailed explanation of all the UI modifications and the new backdrop options.
- Redesigned devices view, showing devices as cards with backdrop and casting status
- Added setting to change backdrop speed
- Browse through history of backdrop images recently shown on your Chromecasts
- Improved reliability and performance of backdrop cards
- Improved multi-user and multi-Chromecast backdrop settings
- APK Mirror