After spending a few months pushing Android 5.0 to its large range of devices, Sony is now sending out over-the-air updates that clear up a few issues that cropped up in the transition. This update has already gone out to the Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact, Z3 Tablet Compact, Z2, and Z2 Tablet. Now it's coming to the Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact, and Z Ultra.
— Sony Xperia News (@SonyMobileNews) May 20, 2015
So what were some of the issues? Well now when you open the activity menu, you can again close all apps at once. Aside from that, we see fixes for a number of bugs, including devices previously showing "no service" when they actually had signal.
- Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage
- Added a Sony feature; bringing back the "close-all-button" in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once
- Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications
- Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes - and no longer offset by “silent”
- Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices)
- Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode
When this update will hit your device depends on where you live and which carrier you're on.
- Sony Mobile