As much as we all love to live in a digital world, there's just no replacing books. Sure, ebooks are good - but there's something awesome about having a physical copy and flipping through the pages. That's especially true if you're already using your computer for something else - you know, like work. Let me give an example.
Let's say you're a developer, and you're working on...something. You're having issues squashing a bug or getting a specific feature to work the way you want. Then you remember that you have this killer book from Packt Publishing on the shelf behind you that covers the very thing you're having an issue with you. You turn around, grab said book, thumb through it until you find what you're looking for, and toss it on the desk next to the keyboard. Now you've got the answer you were looking for without having to navigate away from your work. (OK, I guess the same could be said of an ebook on a tablet...but you get the idea.)
This contest is now over.
The final results are listed below. If you've won, you will be contacted in the near future. Congratulations!
- Anthony Russo
- Leonidas Kanellopoulos
- Mohannad Ibrahim
- Jorge Avalos
- Lucas Aruajo
- Luigi Notaro
- Leonardo Damini
- Vishal Khedkar
It's been a while since we've partnered with Packt to give away some books, and today we have a pretty killer giveaway lined up for you guys: 10 winners will have a chance to win one of six different titles. Here's a quick rundown (click each title for more info):
- Focus on Android instrumentation testing to ensure full application coverage.
- Apply testing techniques and utilize tools to improve Android application development.
- Build intensively tested and bug free Android applications.
- Learn to install and configure Android Studio on your machine to create your own projects.
- Test your apps using the Android emulator and learn how to manage virtual devices.
- Familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of Android development through an exemplary coverage of practical examples, functional code, and relevant screenshots.
- Create fun physics games to rival the bestselling games on Google Play.
- Save time by creating your Android games using this integrated framework.
- Learn to create a simple game using step-by-step instructions provided throughout the book.
- Design custom apps that interact with the outside world via BeagleBone Black.
- Modify Android to recognize, configure, and communicate with sensors, LEDs, memory, and more.
- A step-by-step guide full of practical Android app examples that will help the users to create Android controlled devices that will use BeagleBone as hardware.
- Learn the fundamental security models and motivations behind Linux, SE Linux, and SE for Android.
- Build and enable current security enhancements from the SE for Android project onto a working embedded UDOO board.
- Discover how to leverage SE for Android to secure your own projects in powerful ways using this step by step guide.
- Acquaint yourself with Java and object-oriented programming, from zero previous experience.
- Build four cool games for your phone and tablet, from retro arcade-style games to memory and education games, and gain the knowledge to design and create your own games too.
- Walk through the fundamentals of building games and use that experience as a springboard to study advanced game development or just have fun.
Sound good? Good. Here's what you need to do to get in the running:
Once chosen, the winners will select one copy of the above listed titles. There will be ten total winners. We're running this one through the weekend, and it ends promptly at 11:59 PM PT on Sunday night (5/10).