DISH Network has updated their official app with a variety of improvements and new features, making it better both as a streaming video player and as an account management console. Probably the best addition in this update is the ability to support multiple profiles for a single subscriber account, a la Netflix. Each profile will have its own favorites list and recommendations, making family sharing a lot smoother.
Also on the streaming side of things, DISH has tried to make following the NCAA men's basketball tournament simpler. While it already has its own sports section to help you separate that content from general TV, this update brings with it the ability to look through the tourney bracket to check on scores.
The app also gets more useful for when you just want to keep your account in good standing from an Android device. DISH has included a new ability to pay your bill via the Anywhere app. It certainly makes sense on their end to simplify the process of paying for your service. Another addition with this update makes sign-in easier, especially if you've forgotten your password. Being in the physical presence of your Hopper can act as an alternate form of authentication.
Here's the changelog:
- You can now use multiple profiles with the same DISH account. Each profile contains personalized recommendations, Favorites, Watchlists and more.
- Forgot your login info? No problem! Use the new Hopper pairing feature when you’re at home.
- Sports fans – view scores/results in the NCAA basketball tournament bracket.
- Pay your bill inside the app from Settings > Pay My Bill (requires login).
- Resume watching programs automatically when interrupted by a phone call.
- Other bug fixes