- 1 Wear Apps
- 2 Apps With Wear Support
- 3 Watch Faces
- 3.1 About Time Watch Face
- 3.2 VAtch Premium Watch Face
- 3.3 Fruity Slices Watch Faces
- 3.4 Relativity Watch Face
- 3.5 Leather Watch Face
- 3.6 Liqui Watchface Android Wear
- 3.7 Krona Sunlight Watchface
- 3.8 Ellipse 3D Watch Face
- 3.9 DressWatch
- 3.10 HUD Watch Face
- 3.11 STATION - Watch face
- 3.12 Lux Watch Face
- 3.13 Timetraveler Wear Watch Face
- 3.14 Time In Words Watch Face
- 3.15 Light Watch Face
- 3.16 Blue Metal Watch Face
- 4 Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
Is it the age of the smartwatch yet? I don't know, but developers are sure acting like it is. You can hardly turn around without seeing another new watch face or utility for Android Wear. Google still hasn't made it particularly easy to find new Wear apps, but we're keeping track of all the best new stuff, and here it is.
RPN Calculator for Wear
As a rule, I feel like we have enough calculator apps for Android Wear, but I'm making an exception here because RPN Calculator basically takes the idea to the extreme. It's a scientific calculator on your wrist with all kinds of functions and conversions. Be the biggest nerd with RPN Calculator.
RPN Calculator is a powerful scientific calculator with the look and feel of a classic Hewlett-Packard calculator. RPN Calculator was designed from the start for the Moto 360's round screen and chin. The calculator's display is positioned in the center of the screen for best viewing on a round screen and the keys are arranged in a logical order around the display. Not only is RPN Calculator a powerful problem solver, it looks great too.
• Reverse Polish Notation (RPN) operating logic, the most efficient solution for evaluating mathematical expressions
• Transcendental functions: Exponential, Logarithm, Trigonometric, and Hyperbolic
• Statistical functions: Mean, Standard Deviation, and Linear Regression
• Polar and Rectangular Coordinate Conversions
• Factorial, Percentage, and Percent Difference
• Time and Angle Conversions
• By using two shift keys all functions are on one screen and are easy to find and use
• The keys are arranged as a basic four function calculator and most simple calculations can be done without using the shift keys
RPN Calculator requires an Android Wear watch to run. The app that's installed on your phone or tablet is the installer only and does not run the calculator. RPN Calculator will be installed on your watch and ready to use when paired.
Right now RPN Calculator only works on the Moto 360, LG G, and LG G Watch R. I'll soon be offering a version with a GUI that looks great on all Android Wear watches.
Little TV - App & Watch Face
Android Police coverage: Little TV For Android Wear Puts Animated GIFs On Your Watch Face Because Why Not?
You want to look at a bunch of animated GIFs on your wrist? Okay, install this and we'll call it a day. LittleTV is kind of a watch face, but it also has a regular channel browsing component, so it's going here. It might not be the best use of your battery, but you're free to make poor choices.
Quit changing your watchface to the flavor of the week. This one shows you a different animated GIF every time you check your watch. Randomly selected & updated every hour.
* App of the Week on the Wear Store for Android Wear.!
* As featured on: Androidpolice.com
* Little TV plays a random animated GIF every time you check your watch.
* New popular GIFs pushed to your watch every hour.
* Flip through unique channels: Trending, Fails, Retro, Video Games, Nature, Sexy, and more.
* All-New Holiday channel just added.
* New “Liked” channel plays only your favorite GIFs. Tap twice to “like” a GIF and add it to your list of favorites.
* Lock in a single GIF as your permanent watch face (Simply open the app on handset & deselect "random mode")
* On top of all that, it also shows you the time of the day. Amazing.
* Works on all Android Wear devices including Moto 360, LG G Watch R, Samsung Gear Live, LG G Watch, Sony Smartwatch 3 and Asus Zenwatch.
Install the app to the device (phone) that you have connected to your Android Wear device. Once installed, just long press on the watch face on your Wear device, then scroll to select "Little TV" as your active watch face.
WIFI recommended for initial installation and startup. App downloads 50 gifs on initial start. After that, data usage and storage is pretty light as it only updates a few at a time and deletes old gifs to keep the total stored at 50.
Running a full Twitter client on Android Wear is a bad idea, but Glance Tweet makes some sense. It pops up a card when you have more than a few unread tweets, and you can swipe around to check them out when you have a moment.
We all have those tiny moments which we want to make use of but too short to pull out our phone, unlock and find the right app. This app allow you to do something meaningful with those tiny moments, e.g. catch up a few tweets while stuck in traffic. And it's not distracting, it notifies you gently only when there are more than a few unread tweets.
See a tutorial of how this app is created: http://blog.glanceable.org/category/developer-resource If there is enough demand I will open source the whole project.
atHandTuner Wearable Tuner
Android Police coverage: atHandTuner Is A Wearable Instrument Tuner For Your Wear Watch, And It Works Really Well
This is an app that can be used to tune your stringed instrument via your watch. As Cam says, atHandTuner works really well. I trust Cam's judgement when it comes to music stuff and chainsaw ice sculpture carving.
For musicians who wish to tune their instruments with the device that is always with them on their wrist (or in their pocket), @HandTuner is a Responsive, Precise Chromatic tuner with a beautiful, intuitive interface that can tune guitar, ukelele, cello, you-name-it.
Once purchased, a chromatic tuner will be installed on your mobile, and an additional smartwatch tuner will be installed on your Android Wear watch (if you have one). You do not NEED a wear device to run the tuner, though, although the current simplicity of the UX is more suited to wearable devices.
The mobile version and wearable version are essentially the same application, on different sized screens. We are focusing on the wearable version first, however.
- 44.1kHz sample rate
- Wide frequency range
- "Clip-on" tuner mode, where the screen on the watch can be rotated, and the watch "clipped on" to the guitar."
App launcher for Android Wear
Wear Mini Launcher has been a staple of Android Wear since its introduction, but the aptly named "App launcher for Android Wear" might be a nice alternative. There are a few different UI options, but one of them (an Apple Watch clone) costs $0.99 via an in-app purchase. I don't think you need to buy that.
App launcher for Android Wear is a highly polished and personalized launcher for your Android Wear watch.
- Browse or launch apps from your Android Wear smartwatch
- Select one of many themes and customize it to look and act as you wish.
- Choose between: Quick launcher, iWear launcher, Grid launcher, Row launcher and more coming.
- Battery efficient.
- LG G Watch
- Samsung Gear Live
- Moto 360
- LG G Watch R
- Sony SmartWatch 3
- Asus Zenwatch
Take your Android Wear watch to the next level.
smartsays for Android Wear
A Game! On Android Wear! That's always a risk, and most of the games that attempt to find a home on your wrist are pretty bad. Smartsays is not bad, though. It's a puzzler that bills itself as a brain training app, but basically Simon on a watch. Like I said, not bad.
Do you think you are clever? A keen thinker? Treat yourself to a free, fun and unbelievably addictive brain workout exclusively released for your Moto 360 powered by Android Wear that will challenge your intelligence in the most entertaining way.
smartsays is designed to put your logic, memory and wit to the test through a series of free mini challenges. Enjoy each level while they become harder and harder or beat the ultra challenging genius mode and become a mastermind.
A scoring will measure how successfully you are solving the game and provide you with great achievements that show your cleverness.
Equipped with high quality design and a detail orientated functionality, smartsays fulfills high aesthetic requirements and enables a sophisticated joy of use. Fans of the original game will love the app as well as ambitious gaming friends born after the 70’s.
Experience the heated “braintertainment” that will keep you on your toes. Highly recommended by players who enjoy Simon, Senso and brain teasers. Try it out, it´s free.
Enjoyable Gaming Modes
Masterfully crafted Themes
Tons of great Achievements
Comfortable pause mode
Make sure your mobile is compatible with Android Wear.
Make sure to pair your phone with the wearable device with help of the Android Wear App.
This is still just the beginning – we can’t wait for everyone to join us. Do you have any suggestions or ideas for improvement? Any issues with the app? Please let us know.
Feel the fun. Download it now.
Star Chart Wear
Star Chart Wear puts the observable universe on your wrist at somewhat lower fidelity than real life. Okay, it's mostly location data that helps you find objects up there, but that's still neat.
A star chart for your Android Wear device (note: you will need an Android Wear device to effectively use this app). Observe the currently visible constellations and planet positions. View an overview diagram of today's rise and set times for the sun, moon, and all planets. Show a time-lapse video of today's sky. A handy tool for anyone interested in astronomy.
- real-time star chart for your geographic location,
- time-lapse star chart (one day in a few seconds),
- rise and set times diagram for all planets, moon. Also shows hours of sunlight, twilight and highest position of sun,
- shows current moon phase
- uses compass to align star chart to viewing direction
- aiming a constellations shows their name (English, German or Latin)
- highlight zodiacal constellations
- constellations can be turned off
- touch and long-press actions can be customized
- some wearable devices do not receive current location updates which can result in your location
being set to the default (somewhere in the center of the USA). I'm working on a fix to be released soon.
- this app requires coarse location information in order to draw the star chart matching your current location.
Those who frequent beaches might have reason to know about the tides, but what if you want to keep your phone away from all that sand and water? Well, your (slightly) more durable Android Wear watch can calculate the tides for you at a lot of different beaches without an internet connection.
Watch Tide, brings your favorite beach's tides on your Android Wear watch. More than 2700 beaches available from all around the world. All calculations are done offline so you can access daily tides without any internet connection . The app is compatible for both square and round watches. It shows tides' graph, hours and heights and a beautiful beach picture from Flickr.
Saint-Malo beach is the only one free by default, there is a one time in-app purchase in order to unlock all 2700 beaches.
Got a PowerPoint presentation to give at the office? You can control it with a mouse like a loser or control it with an app like Air PPT. Yeah, there are other ways to do it, but pretend for a moment you live in a universe where those are the only two choices. It's way cooler to just swipe your watch screen to advance slides. You'll be top dog at the office, and all you need is this app. It also has a phone remote interface, but that's much less cool.
Air PPT available to Android Wear
Air PPT remote controller of Power Point presentation.
This app makes possible to easily control power point presentation through your mobile device and wearables.
- Next/Previous slide.
- Motion gesture
- Start/Stop presentation.
- Checking presentation time
1. Download and install PC app and Phone app http://smart.phigolf.com/AirPPT/airppt.html
2. Connect your phone to PC through Wi-Fi.
3. You know about gesture ( http://youtu.be/HbJ9c507_1E ).
You can find more information about Air PPT ( http://smart.phigolf.com/AirPPT/airppt.html )
Planetarium for Android Wear
This dovetails nicely with the other astronomy app we have on the list this time—see what's in the sky on your wrist. Planetarium for Android Wear includes both phone and watch modules. There's also a phone-only version of the app. I'm not sure why they'd make a whole separate listing for this, but here it is.
This application is the Smart Extension of « Planetarium » for your Android Wear watch.
It includes both the classic application and extensions that allows you to display the views on your watch.
The settings are those of the classic Widget :
- Location : determined by wireless networks or GPS or by bookmark
- Displayed celestial objects
Click on the icon to start the application in fullscreen mode on your watch. Swype on screen to switch between the available views. Long press to quit and to go back home.
Wake Up Well
Wake Up Well is an app that attempts to track your sleep and wake you up with a vibration alarm at around the correct time when you're in very light sleep. This should make you feel less groggy and make it less terrible to get up. The obvious drawback is that you need to wear your watch all night.
Transform your Android Wear watch into a smart alarm clock that lets you wake up well.
Wake up alert and in the right mood.
Can’t remember the last time you woke up fresh and energised? Are you stuck in an endless cycle of sleeping through or ignoring your alarm clock?
Wake Up Well might be the Android Wear app your mind and body has been dreaming of.
Based on maximising the science of sleep, Wake Up Well has been designed to wake you up at the optimal time. Unlike the traditional alarm clock, which works to wake you up at a specific time, Wake Up Well wakes you up gently with vibrations at the optimal time – when you’re rested, relaxed and in REM or Rapid Eye Movement sleep.
What is REM?
REM Sleep was identified by sleep researchers as a phase in sleep in which a person sleeps lightly. It occurs throughout various times during sleep; one of the last instances it occurs is close to morning. It is said that during REM, the brain activity behaves similar to the brain activity during hours you are awake.
How it works
Wake Up Well detects the optimal time to wake you up. When using alarm clocks, most people’s bodies are not yet prepared or still in deep sleep. Notice that when you wake via your alarm clock’s command you’re often groggy, have a cloudy mind and lacking in energy? That’s because your body is still in deep sleep. With Wake Up Well, you’re gently awoken during REM – when your brain is more active and your body is naturally ‘waking up’.
Wake Up Well detects your slight movements during REM and in the ‘wake up window’ you set. It is during this time Wake Up Well monitors when to wake you up.
Start the day with more energy with Wake Up Well.
- alarm clock
- especially designed for Android wear watches
- operational on the watch only, no Smartphone needed (except to change non vital settings)
- improves your sleep
- assists in improving your mood
- lets you wake up fresh, animated and more energised
- detect best wakeup time
- wakes up at the almost awake moments
- uses vibrations to wake you so your partner isn’t disturbed
- supports all Android wear watches
- set wake up time directly on the watch
- set a wake up window in which it wakes up at the best time regarding sleep phase
- configurable snooze time
- configurable alarm set reminder
The frames of the watches in the screen shots are licensed under Creative Commons: http://wakeupwell.pete.ch/cc-attribution.txt
Apps With Wear Support
MyRoll Gallery - Photo Gallery
Android Police coverage: Gallery App Flayvr Rebrands As MyRoll, Refreshes App With New Look And Features
MyRoll was recently updated with Android Wear support, and it's unusual. With this app, you can view and manage the photos in your gallery. So you can see recent images, delete them, or even share to Facebook. I don't know how useful it would be, but it's a neat idea.
Meet MyRoll Gallery, the fastest growing photo gallery app for Android and the first ever gallery for Android Wear.
The only Gallery chosen as one of the Top 100 Apps worldwide, MyRoll Gallery is a free, next generation photo gallery that’s a complete replacement to your native gallery.
Missing your photo gallery in Android 5.0 Lollipop? Don't worry - our gallery is Android 5.0 ready. MyRoll Gallery is the only gallery for Android L that you’ll need, fully optimized for Android 5.0 Lollipop on all devices including Nexus 4 and Nexus 5.
With MyRoll Gallery, you can:
ORGANIZE YOUR PHOTO GALLERY
• Automatically organize all of your photos and videos according to your events, date, time, and location.
• For the classic photo gallery feel, the Gallery view has all of your photos and videos in one reel.
• Use the Moments view for a more unique, collage like view based around events, date, and location.
• Easily share groups of photos and videos from your gallery, with just a tap.
• Share with ease to all of your favorite social networks: WhatsApp, Facebook, G+, Line, Kakao, WeChat, and more.
• The easiest and fastest way to create Facebook albums, on the fly.
DISCOVER & PERSONALIZE
• Intelligent notifications - Have MyRoll Gallery help you rediscover those photos from your trip abroad last month, your kids’ birthday last year, or any important memory that’s been lost in your photo gallery.
• Automatically identify your best photos in your gallery - ones with smiling faces, great lighting, vibrant color, and more.
THE FIRST GALLERY FOR ANDROID WEAR
MyRoll Gallery offers the first ever photo gallery created for smartwatches. With MyRoll Gallery on Android Wear, you can:
• View or Delete your photos - all from your smartwatch.
• Share photos directly to Facebook, on the fly.
• Photo Notifications - Easily access your latest photos from your gallery with just a tap.
Android Police coverage: Pizza Compass Is The One Android (And Android Wear) App That Every College Student Needs
You need pizza? This app helps you find it on your phone or watch. The Wear component points the way to pizza with a compass, which is at least good for a laugh.
Looking for Pizza? Look no further. The Pizza Navigator will get you there. It will point you in the direction of the nearest pizzeria.
Works with your phone, and your Android Wear compatible watch.
Even if you're not looking for pizza, think of all the fun and laughter this will bring when friends check out the Pizza Navigator for Android on your slick watch.
--See nearest pizzeria, distance and direction
--Swipe to see up to 5 pizzerias nearby
--Works on phone & watch.
Email Mail Exchange @Blue
Blue Mail is an email client that supports Exchange, Gmail, iCloud, and a bunch of others. It's also rather popular as far as such apps go. It now has support for Android Wear in the form of enhanced notifications that let you manage email on your watch. Neat.
Blue Mail is a free, beautifully designed, universal email client, capable of managing unlimited number of mail accounts from various providers, allowing for smart push notifications while enabling personalization across multiple email accounts. Blue Mail is the perfect replacement for your stock email app
With a powerful unified accounts experience packaged in an intuitive and easy to use design, Blue Mail provides a top notch email service.
ALL YOUR EMAILS IN ONE PLACE
● Gmail, Yahoo mail, Outlook, AOL, iCloud, Office365, Exchange, Google Apps, Apple mail, Hotmail, MSN, Live, Yandex, ymail, iCloud, Mail.ru, GMX, mail.com, Hushmail, Zoho, Web.de, QIP, Rambler ...
● Support for IMAP, Exchange & POP3 mailbox
● Sync multiple mailboxes from all your providers in a Unified Interface
● Real push email for the widest range of mail services
● Material Design and Lollipop
● SMARTEST MOBILE NOTIFICATIONS - Quiet Hours, Custom Sounds, Vibrate, LED Light, Snooze Alerts and other preferences per each of your accounts
● BEAUTIFUL DARK THEME - with automatic switch between day & night modes
● RICH TEXT SIGNATURE - Easily configure text styles and add your logo
● ANDROID WEAR - Smart email on your watch
● MOBILE PRINTING – Integrated with any printer supported by Android such as select plugins
● DYNAMIC SMART CONVERSATIONS – Makes email convenient and easy
● CONFIGURABLE MENUS – Customize your swipe menu and email view actions with what matter to you the most
● APP ICON UNREAD BADGE – See if you have a new email in your inbox directly from your home screen
● DAYS TO SYNC - Customized for offline use
● PRIORITY EMAILS - Send with high priority
● SCROLLABLE AND UNREAD WIDGETS - Access your emails inbox at a glance
GETTING STUFF DONE
● SET EMAILS TO LATER - Quickly mark emails to be handled later and set reminders so you do not miss them
● MARK EMAILS AS DONE - When you finish handling an email, you can just mark it as done to get it out of the way without having to delete it or reach Zero Inbox by using smart filters.
● QUICK FILTERS - Easily filter emails by unread/starred
● SENDER'S IMAGE - Your friends and contacts photos to help you process your incoming mail faster
● SERVICES LOGOS - Easily recognize popular services from their icons
● UNREAD COUNT - On your App icon (for supported devices) or a 1x1 unread widget for any account including Unified Inbox.
● COLOR CODING - Makes it all simple
SECURITY ABOVE ALL
● INDUSTRY LEADING ENCRYPTION - With Blue Mail, your data is always encrypted to protect all your email communications and information secured. BlueMail uses leading industry protocols to secure and protect your data.
● LOCK SCREEN - You can set a timed lock screen to protect your private emails
Ultimate To-Do List
This is a to-do manager app like many others, but it has "ultimate" right in the name, so you know it's good. That's how it works, right? At any rate, Ultimate To-Do List has a bunch of features, which you can read about below. Most pertinent here is the Android Wear support, which allows you to create, browse, complete, and snooze tasks on the watch.
This is no ordinary to-do list app. Ultimate To-Do List gives you unique tools to help you organize, simplify, and get things done. Try it free for 2 weeks, then purchase unlimited use for $5 (US).
Simple, but powerful. Whether you need a basic to-do list, need to manage complex projects, or fall somewhere in-between, the app can be set up to meet your exact needs. Turn on the features you need. Turn off those you don't.
Organize your to-do list any way you like. You - not the app - decide what's most important. Use a task management system such as Getting Things Done (GTD) or Master Your Now (MYN), or set up your own system.
Stop forgetting things. Highly customizable lists and reminders ensure you won't miss anything important. If you want, the app can even nag you repeatedly until you get the task done. Reminders can be based on time or location.
Record and review your tasks hands-free. Use the app's voice mode to create, update, and read tasks while you're in the car, wearing gloves, or changing a diaper.
Keep track of important information that is not a to-do item. The app's notes area lets you record reference information that you know you will need later on.
Make the most of your large-screen device. Several split-screen options are available to handle larger smartphones, 12 inch tablets, and all sizes in-between.
Stay in Sync. Link the app to a Google or Toodledo.com account and your devices will be perfectly in sync. Sync can occur automatically.
Works with Android Wear. An Android Wear add-on is available that allows you to browse and check-off tasks, snooze reminders, and create and update tasks by voice. (Note that this add-on is currently available in English only.)
Organize your tasks in numerous ways. Folders, subtasks, 5 priority levels, and status tracking are all available to help you stay organized.
Contexts and Locations allow you to focus only on the tasks you can do right now. For example, while you’re at work you will only see work tasks. When you get home later in the day, only the home tasks appear.
Sharing and Collaboration features allow you to assign tasks to others and track status. Use Toodledo’s collaboration features or use the app’s ability to link to multiple accounts.
Advanced repeating patterns make it easy to set up tasks that are performed daily, weekly, monthly, or with more complex patterns.
Time tracking allows you to track both the estimated and actual length of your tasks. A built-in timer is included.
Advanced filter, sort, and display options allow you to filter your tasks on any field, sort by up to 3 levels, and adjust the display to show exactly what you want.
Saved searches and custom views make it easy to keep track of multiple lists - each with its own filter, sort, and display settings.
Calendar integration allows you to view your tasks on your device’s calendar, allowing you to see both calendar events and to-do items on one screen.
Contacts integration gives you to the ability to link your tasks to a contact. This is great when a to-do item involves calling, emailing, or meeting with someone.
About Time Watch Face
This watch face will only work for round devices, but it's got a distinctive look. I'm not sure I'd use it, but it seems to be well made and stands out from the pack.
"A classic watch face for the smartwatch generation"
Chronocraft envisioned the sophisticated intricate watch face design, we released a sneak preview earlier this year, for those who have been following us, the wait is now over. It’s About Time.
Featuring a mechanical cogwheel design emulating two gears working in tandem, rotating in unison with the secondhand.
Designed from the ground up, specifically for round android wear devices.
We have taken several factors into this design:
• App notifications do not obscure the main clock face.
• Complementing the Moto 360’s bottom sensors (flat tyre) with a nicely positioned date value.
• A simplified ambient mode interface
VAtch Premium Watch Face
I actually quite like the look of VAtch on a round screen watch. The square design is meh, but the GWR looks slick with this watch face.
VAtch is a Watch Face for Android Wear Devices.
It features a modern and clean analog interface, with Light and Dark themes.
Through the configuration application you can customize the appearance of VAtch, changing the hour and minutes hands colors. You have an unlimited colors choice.
Fruity Slices Watch Faces
There's nothing special about the functionality of this watch face, but it looks delicious. There are currently four fruit themes with nice, bright colors.
A collection of watch faces designed for Android Wear and inspired by nature's colors and shapes.
Classic Kiwi smooth browns and vibrant greens with black particulars
Water Fun bold reds and emerald green with black details
Grape Pink a feminine touch with orangish pink gradients
new. Coco White pure whites and greys with brown edges
Each watch face is optimized for both round and square screens.
Relativity Watch Face
I''ll be the first to admit I find this watch face confusing. Check out the description below for a detailed explanation. I tried it, but it didn't stick. That said, it has positive reviews, and it's trying to do something different. It's free so check it out.
Relativity is a simple yet precise way to see your relative progress through the week. It's a completely new way to see and think about time. And although it is fundamentally new in concept, it still looks and feels at home on your wrist.
• Progress Through the Day
The longest marks represent midnight of each day, while the other marks represent 3am, 6am, 9am, noon, 3pm, 6pm, and 9pm throughout the day.
• Progress Through the Week
As the hand passes around the face it passes through each day, starting with Sunday at the top, and conveniently passing through Wednesday at the halfway point: halfway through the week.
• Time and Date at a Glance
Although the progression of the hand around the face is a unique and interesting way to read the time and day, we included glanceable read-outs as well—in formats you're used to—so you can find that information in a second.
Leather Watch Face
Watch face apps are often bastions of skeuomorphism, but not like this. They usually look like real watches, but this one looks like it's made out of leather. I mean, if you stitched together a real watch face out of leather, it would look like this. I guess it's something people might like.
Leather Watch Face for Android Wear 5.0
3. 24 time format
1. After install run 'Resync app' on Android Wear App.
2. Long press your android wear watch and choose RichFace Leather as you watch face
Compatible with Moto 360, LG G Watch R, LG G Watch
Liqui Watchface Android Wear
This is a simple digital watch face with an animation you might recognize. The way the numbers morph from one to the next reminds me a lot of Timely. Liqui Watchface is free, but there's no 12-hour mode, which I find annoying.
Liqui Watchface is very simple.
Display only time and Material Design style background.
Due to Liquid Animation watch looks very fashionable and fascinating.
You'll want to check the time more often.
Krona Sunlight Watchface
If you care greatly about the weather, Krona Sunlight Watchface is for you. It can tell you the current conditions, of course, but also wind speeds, forecasts, sunshine, and various bits of data from your phone. Oh, it tells the time too.
The Ultimate Weather Forecast Multi-Screen Watch Face
Works on all round and square Android Wear smartwatches.
Functional yet beautiful design. Complex yet easy to read weather information. Stylish yet power efficient.
Two weather engines*
★ World Weather Online (commercial)
★ OpenWeatherMap (community based)
to ensure maximum accuracy.
Current weather condition and detailed 24 h weather forecast with
that can be grasped intuitively at a glance.
Current wind condition and 24 h wind forecast with
★ Wind speed
★ Wind direction
★ Wind gust (NEW.)
★ Different units (imperial, metric, knots, Beaufort wind force scale)
that is shake or touch activated.
Current condition prediction without internet connection
★ Unique condition algorithm
★ Accurately predicts current temperature in 10 minute intervals based on forecast data
★ Works for up to 24 hours when phone lost internet connection or watch lost phone connection
Comes with companion application to switch
★ Notification peek card size and ambient mode selection (off/small/large)
★ Battery percentage (on/off)
★ Battery light (color coded battery status halo)
★ Day, month, day of the week (on/off)
★ Temperature units (Celsius/Fahrenheit)
★ Wind speed units (km/h, m/s, mph, knots, Beaufort scale, NEW.)
★ Wind screen activation options (on shake and/or on touch, NEW.)
★ Ambient mode design options (Battery percentage, date, weather condition, high/low, NEW.)
★ 'Feels like' temperatures including wind chill (NEW.)
★ Weather update interval (30 minutes to 12 hours)
★ Manual weather location override
★ Different time ring, battery light design options (NEW.)
Weather information is updated in the background. If outdated, current condition is estimated for up to 48 hours using forecast data.
Ellipse 3D Watch Face
Ellipse uses the accelerometer in your watch to animate reflection and shadows on the virtual surface, making it look more realistic. There are a few watch faces that do this, but Ellipse looks quite polished.
Beautifully designed with dynamic light and shadow, this 3D watch face exudes both depth and style. The Ellipse with it's simple yet elegant design and clean lines make this watch not only great to look at but easy to read. With this watch face the beauty is in the details, from the sweeping motion of the second hand to the intricate design of the hour and minute hands. Give your modern smart watch the classic look of a high-end timepiece with our minimal yet elegant three dimensional watch face. Upgrade your digital timepiece today and explore a new dimension of time.
DressWatch is a simple watch face that uses a photo of your choosing to automatically select colors for a minimalist watch face. You can change the colors, of course, but where's the fun in that? It makes more sense on a round watch than a square one, but it works fine on both.
Have fun changing color to your face with a simple photo , or create yourself a combination of colors to display .
With DressWatch you'll always be matched to your lifestyle , your clothing , or you can simply give vent to your creative imagination , by inserting your favorite colors
With its simple and minimal graphic, DressWatch is the quadrant that everyone was waiting for , to exit out of the box in just a few simple steps:
•Take a Picture or Select from the Gallery
•Select 2 colors extracted automatically
•Change the colors to your liking
•Look at your watch.
Dress Watch is adaptable to any size or shape of your watch, either square or round, resulting one of the most captivating Watchface of the moment.
This include the Watchfaces, and is only compatible with Android Wear OS
HUD Watch Face
The HUD watch face has a bunch of wacky sci-fi animations and color options. It's a fun watch face, but I feel like it could make a better use of space. I don't need to know how much memory is available on my watch. Maybe the weather instead?
Only for Wear. HUD Watch Face allows you to monitor the battery, memory and disk usage with an animated radial interface at your wrist.
Digital and analog variants are available, custom colors, round and square screens supported, glitch effects and more.
STATION - Watch face
Station is another watch face best suited for round screens. It has a ton of options for various UI elements and themes. It's a really neat, almost retro-futuristic look.
Tha STATION is a modern watch face with many settings and a futuristic clean look.
The customization app is accessible using a standalone launcher icon, or directly from the Android Wear app.
Compatible with round and square watch like Moto360, LG G Watch R, LG G Watch, Samsung Gear Live, Sony Smartwatch 3 & Asus ZenWatch.
Lux Watch Face
This is another watch face from RichFace, but a little more sophisticated than the leather one. It's a nice analog face with a few color options and some additional info gauges. It's for round watches only.
RichFace Lux is a modern 3D analog Watch Face for Androdi Wear with 3 color variants that can be chosen directly from your Android Watch. Please make sure your watch is running Android Wear 5.0.
RichFace Lux features:
- Analog clock
- Watch battery indicator
- Date indicator
- Day indicator
- 3 colors
- Supports Round and Rectangle watches
1. After install run 'Resync app' on Android Wear App.
2. Long press your android wear watch and choose RichFace Lux as you watch face
Compatible with Moto360, LG G Watch R
Timetraveler Wear Watch Face
I find this watch face a little confusing, but some people will probably be willing to retrain their brains to make it work. Timetraveler Wear Watch Face displays two time zones at the same time by adding an extra hand to the clock. It shows the hour in your secondary timezone using a 24 hour dial.
Easily display two timezones at the same time.
The first timezone reads like a regular watch, with a 12 hours hand.
The second one uses a practical GMT hand which allows to know immediately if it is morning or afternoon for the second timezone (more on that on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_analog_dial ).
- Sweeping seconds
- Second timezone (with 24 hours view)
- Full support for nonstandard timezones (with 30 or 45 minutes offset)
- Battery saving ambient mode
- Multiple colors (customisable from both the watch and the phone)
From the phone configuration companion app (Android Wear on the smartphone apps drawer) select the Timetraveler GMT watchface and then click on the settings gear icon.
There you can:
- change second timezone
- change color
After installing the app on your phone, the app will automatically install on the watch
Long press on the current wear watchface, then select Timetraveler GMT
Time In Words Watch Face
The name is almost everything you need to know about this one. It's a watch face that tells the time with lit up words in a block of seemingly random junk. It's not the only app to do this, but it does have some nice extras like battery level and date.
Now available for Square screens as well. Moto360, LG Watch R, LG G Watch, Asus ZenWatch, Samsung Gear Live and Sony Smartwatch 3 are all supported.
With the help of a carefully designed grid of letters, the watch face is able to tell the time in words -- and with the additional dot-minutes, it is as accurate as possible.
★ AM/PM indicator
★ Battery level
★ Day and Month
★ Ambient Mode
★ Weather forecast
★ Full color customization
Light Watch Face
Again with RichFace. This one is analog and has a different style—sort of a lavender/neon thing. Looks nice.
New digital Watch Face Light with missed calls and unread messages for Android 5 Wear
NEW. Missed calls and unread messages instead of steps counter.
Steps counter can be found in our Runner watch face.
- Battery indicator
- Phone battery indicator
- Missed calls NEW.
- Unread messages NEW.
1. After install run 'Resync app' on Android Wear App.
2. Long press your android wear watch and choose RichFace Light as you watch face
Blue Metal Watch Face
With this one RichFace is going classic with a shiny blue metal look and realistic dials.
Blue Metal Watch Face with phone battery indicator.
- Battery indicator
- Phone battery indicator
1. After install run 'Resync app' on Android Wear App.
2. Long press your android wear watch and choose RichFace Blue Metal as you watch face
Compatible with Moto360, LG G Watch R smartwatches (Round and Square)
Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
If you have an application in mind for the next issue of the roundup, feel free to send us an email and let us know.
Important: there are 2 requirements in order for the app to be considered, listed below.
- the app's launch date (or the date of Wear functionality update) has to be no longer than 2 weeks ago
- it has to be original, ground-breaking, well-reviewed, interesting, fun, etc - the cream of the crop
Now, if and only if the above requirements have been satisfied, fire off an email to this address:[email protected].
1 sponsored placement per week is available (your app would be featured at the top and marked as sponsored) - please contact us for details.