Update: The promo has ended.
For a limited-time, Google is willing to pay people to invite their friends to use Wallet. The tech giant will provide you and the recipient with $5 in credit whenever a friend who doesn't already have a Google Wallet balance receives money from you. Any amount is fine, including as little as a penny. All that matters is that you both live in the US and that they don't already have an account.
Once they get set up and have verified their identify, you both will receive the money in your Wallet accounts within 3 business days. You can invite up to 20 people to use the service and receive $5 for each one.
The promotion will last until November 30th or until the first 20,000 referrals are claimed.
Here's what you need to know:
- Both of your home addresses have to be in the US.
- You and your friend will have to verify your identities.
- You'll need to have a Wallet Balance already.
- It has to be your friend's first time creating a Wallet Balance.
- You can introduce as many friends as you want to Google Wallet, but you can only get a $5 credit for up to 20 referrals.
- Start now! This promotion will go on until the first 20,000 referrals or 11/30/2014, whichever comes first.
Source: Google support