Google made a change to Androidify's Play Store listing the other day, but did not roll out the new version. Well, now it's happening. Androidify v2.0 is rolling out, and there's an APK below for those of you who don't want to wait. The app has been completely revamped and comes with a bunch of new sharing tools. There's even a chance your Android character could be used in a Google commercial or on a billboard.
Here's the changelog for v2.0.
- Pick a move and watch your Android character laugh, dance, cheer, rock out, or all sorts of other moves.
- Share your characters as emoticons & GIFs.
- Share your characters on Androidify.com and they could get picked to be in an Android TV commercial or YouTube video.
- Lots of new clothes & accessories to choose from.
- A new and improved UI.
- Translated into English, Japanese, Korean, French and German
There are a ton of new clothing items and accessories to play around with. Yes, there's a lollipop in there. Take that for what you will. You can animate your characters and export as a GIF or an emoticon. Your creations can also be shared to the gallery on Androidify.com, where Google might select them for use in a commercial, YouTube video, or on a Billboard. They'll even send you a picture if they do the last one.
The APK is signed by Google and upgrades your existing app. The cryptographic signature guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way. Rather than wait for Google to push this download to your devices, which can take days, download and install it just like any other APK.
File name: com.google.android.apps.androidify-2.0-24-minAPI14.apk.
Version: 2.0 (24) (Android 4.0+).
[Thanks, +Vikram Bajaj]