The Galaxy S5 on Verizon got an update barely one week ago that bumped it up to Android 4.4.4, but another is rolling out today. The new OTA with version number KTU84P.G900VVRU1ANI2 adds a few tweaks to functionality and resolves some bugs. It also gets the GS5 ready for VoLTE calls.
Here's the changelog for the new KTU84P update.
- More tracking features added to S-Health including Weight, Sleep,
Stress and Coach
- The Emergency Call dialer on the lock screen is now accessed with a
swipe motion of the Emergency button (same as camera
- The camera shutter sound can be turned on/off in camera settings
- The notification screen (pull-down) will now display the correct number
of unread emails
- Bluetooth® headset loss of audio has been fixed
- Fixed an issue when using Knox where the Caller ID and linked
Contact information sometimes did not match
- Prepares your device for the new Advanced Calling 1.0
Advanced Calling 1.0 is Verizon's branding for VoLTE calls and the associated native video call functionality. The Galaxy S5 and LG G2 are apparently the only devices with support ready to go, but other phones are expected to follow soon.
Update: And here's the LG G2 update as well. This one brings support for Advanced Calling 1.0 and has the following fixes.
- Autocorrect functions properly when ‘?’ is selected
- Cancelled meetings can now be removed from calendar
- Mobile Hotspot UI prompt to connect corrected
- Fixed assisted dialing for international numbers