Free stuff is good, and if you're an Android developer looking to get into the Intel dev scene, then there's a free book on Amazon that should be just what you need. It's called "Android Application Development for the Intel Platform" (man I really love catchy book titles), and it's normally $40. The paperback version is still going for $35, but if you can handle reading on your device, the Kindle Edition costs approximately zero monies right now.
What you’ll learn
- Comprehensive introduction to the Intel ® Embedded and mobile hardware platform
- Android app GUI design principles and guidelines
- Covers the latest Intel Android development tools, including Intel Beacon Mountain version 0.6 and the Intel Compiler
- NDK and C/C++ optimization
- Designing and optimizing for low-power consumption
Who this book is for
The book is primarily for app developers, software engineers and open-source programming enthusiasts, but can also be used by for training programs and Codeacademy-style programs.
Grab your copy here.