Talon updates often come with big changelogs, and version 2.6 is no exception. Klinker Apps has managed to cram quite a bit of enhancements into this release. The top items concern changes to the appearance, such as a new app icon, a tweaked compose window, and two downloadable open source themes inspired by the "L" preview version of Talon. These are joined by an "L" Roboto font option under settings that, unlike the themes, doesn't require installing anything extra.
The changes aren't all visual. On the functionality side of things, users can now post tweets with GIFs and upload multiple images at once. Some nuts and bolts have moved around under the hood, so the app experience should be smoother overall.
Here's the full changelog.
- New compose window
- New icon and imagery
- New Talon-L version themes
- View the tweet you are replying to in the compose window
- Post tweets with animated GIFs (Twitter doesn't support viewing yet
- Upload multiple images to twitters native hosting
- Better notifications for mentions, direct messages, and favorite users
- Updated fonts and added an Android "L" Roboto font option
- Some timeline jumping fixes
- Auto-complete now works in the middle of the tweet
- Avatar mixups fixed
- Some login errors fixed
- Translation updates
- Image viewer fixes
- Better clearing of notification data
- Support for Klinker Apps Theme Spotlight
- Small changes for sending normal pictures
- Random fixes and requests
- Added to the "Our Apps" section
- Improvements to changelog viewing
- Various other bug and force closes
To get your hands on the L-inspired themes, you can find the APKs in the Google+ link below.