Swiftkey was recently updated with a theme store and a free price tag, but there were still some nagging concerns. While Swiftkey offers good autocorrect, emoji, and swipe input, it also lags pretty noticeably in some instances. The new update will (allegedly) fix that.
The keyboard has had a nasty habit as of late where it would hang for a fraction of a second when you started getting up to speed, which can really throw you off. There was also an unnecessarily long delay in opening the keyboard too. The update should be live in the Play Store. Here's the full changelog for v18.104.22.168.
- Improved typing performance
- Improved translations
- Improved keyboard loading time
- Improved Flow performance
- Fix for the bottom row being hidden in some devices
- Fixed Yahoo! personalization
- Fixed background disappearing issue in some themes
- Fixed various other force closes and crashes
The new themes this time include Spotlight Purple, Edge Green, Pulse Yellow, Pulse Pink and Hazy Pink. If those aren't to your liking, a number of themes are on sale for 33% off for a limited time. You'll have to give the new version a shot to see if the supposed speed improvements help your device. Remember, it's free now, so it's not like you've got anything to lose.