[Bonus Round] F18 Carrier Landing II, Lionheart Tactics, And Transworld Endless Skater
[Bonus Round] Super Heavy Sword, Super Tank Arena Battles, Watercolors, And Solarmax 2
[Bonus Round] Jacob Jones, Chuck's Challenge 3D Reloaded, And Might & Mayhem
[Bonus Round] Munin, Devious Dungeon, And Spinrush
[Bonus Round] Unpossible, Manuganu 2, Gravity Duck, Talisman, And Doppler
- View All 180 Articles In This Series
Welcome to the latest entry in our Bonus Round series, wherein we tell you all about the new Android games of the day that we couldn't get to during our regular news rounds. Consider this a quick update for the dedicated gamers who can't wait for our bi-weekly roundups, and don't want to wade through a whole day's worth of news just to get their pixelated fix. Today we've got a pair of graphically-intense puzzlers and a multiplayer party-based combat RPG. Without further ado:
Jacob Jones : Prologue
Jacob Jones is an odd mix of puzzles and story. It's all about this doe-eyed little kid who meets a friendly sasquatch at summer camp, and the simple plot advances with a charming graphical style that makes everything looks like it's made out of cardboard. The puzzles serve as the "levels" that might be found in other games, but there's no set pattern - you'll play a match-three puzzle one stage, then a sliding block puzzle, and so on. This "prologue" chapter is free (with IAP for hints and skips), but the first full episode costs $2.55.
A small boy, his big new friend, and a huge problem. Join Camp Eagle Feathers’ newest ‘Brave’, Jacob Jones, on an amazing adventure to uncover just what is going on at Camp Eagle Feather on a summer vacation he will never forget. Discover what’s lurking in the forest at night, why Mr Grimmel is so angry, what’s in ‘The Cooler’? and exactly what is wrong with Billy Jackson?
- A beautiful, interactive 3D world for Jacob to explore.
- Challenging, brain teasing interactive puzzles created by some of the worlds leading puzzle designers.
- An original story written by the BAFTA nominated George Poles.
- A cast of weird and wonderful characters to interact with, each with full voice over.
- Tilt and touch your Phone or Tablet to find hidden objects throughout the world.
Chuck's Challenge 3D Reloaded
Chuck's Challenge used to be a Tegra exclusive, but now you can play it even if your device isn't powered by NVIDIA. The core game is all about sliding block puzzles, but it's presented in such a clean and appealing way that even more picky gamers may want to give it a try. Though the gameplay is essentially 2D, the graphics are 3D with a lot of effects, so you may need a little extra oomph to run it well. The game supports external controllers and includes a level editor for the dedicated. $5 with no in-app purchases.
Meet Woop, just your everyday puzzle lovin’ purple alien capable of altering time and space. Woop has summoned all-round puzzle game legend Chuck Sommerville for one purpose - to create a universe of puzzles for him to work his way out of. Take control of Woop and help him navigate his way through level after level of obstacles and challenges that stand between him and reaching the exit portal.
Might & Mayhem
As you might have guessed from the title, Might & Mayhem gets a lot of its inspiration from the old Might & Magic games. The mobile game keeps the party-based combat and RPG loot system, but the mood is much more like Clash of Clans, as is the focus on online multiplayer. Players who pick strategy over brute strength will have an advantage in the boss-filled single player campaign... and they'll still get stomped by the one kid who loads up on in-app purchases in multiplayer.
Get ready for Might & Mayhem, an arcade-style battle strategy game with live PvP battles and epic single-player quests. Assemble your team of knights, bandits, wizards, goblins, robots and monsters and strike out for adventure. Create new strategies with different fighter combinations and customize your troops with battle-changing items to destroy the competition and loot them for treasure.
Be sure to check out our gaming coverage from earlier this week:
- Plants Vs Zombies 2 Receives Second Dark Ages Update Bringing Additional Levels, New Units, And More Medieval Threats
- [New Game] Kapsula Is A Futuristic And Colorful Soviet-Inspired Puzzle Game That Looks Like A Racer
- [New Game] John Woo's Bloodstroke, A John Woo Game By John Woo, Is A Top-Down Shooter Set In A Sumi-e Painting
- ExaGear Strategies Allows Strategy Fans To Play Some Old-School PC Titles On Their Phones And Tablets
- Modern Combat 5 Review: A Mobile Shooter Loaded With An Extended Magazine Of Caveats
- [New Game] Batman Arkham Origins Brawler Comes To Android Six Months After Everyone Stopped Caring About Arkham Origins
- [New Game] Thomas Was Alone, But Now He And His Friends Are On Android For $3.99