Microsoft may have its own smartphone platform, but when so many Xbox gamers walk around with Android phones in their pockets, it would be a shame to ignore them (or their wallets). So the company has rolled out another update to its Xbox One SmartGlass beta app, and this one introduces the ability to purchase games and add-ons for the console remotely. It's a nice feature for people who have run out to buy an Xbox One with or without Kinect.
This is perhaps the most substantial addition, but it's not alone. The update also provides users with the ability to like game clips and items in their activity feed like the social media addicts we've all been groomed to be. For other enhancements, here's the changelog.
- Like a Game Clip
- Like an item in the activity feed
- View items that have been shared to you from a message
- Purchase Xbox One games & add-ons
- Browse for recent and popular games & add-ons
- General stability and polish improvements
- Bug fixes
- Some features may require a console update to take full advantage of them
- Improved Feedback tools that no longer use email